Guist Creek Lake

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Salty1, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    Does anyone have experience fishing Guist. I have only seen small channels come out of here. Is there any flats or blue's here ??????

2. JRA

JRA New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I don't fish Guist Creek, so I can't help you there. I, however, saw a Ky Afield episode last year where they shocked up a 7 or 8 lb white catfish. Apparently, this is one of the few lakes in Ky that has them (they are native to the Atlantic coast rivers, not KY). The current State record is only about 1 1/2 lbs. They said you fish for them just like for channels.

3. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    All that Ive caught out of guist are channels but thats all ive fished for there. I liked fishing at Taylorsville, its got some nice flatties. I think tville is underrated for cats.

4. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    Thanks for the info guy's and JRA I believe the new state record white is from Guist and I believe it was 7 Lbs. or so.

5. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    Yeah, I agree on the underrating but I do know for a fact that Taylorsville is quite loaded with Blue's.:big_smile: Salt River is what created this lake and it holds very nice Blue's and also the state has loaded it with many Blue's. My understanding is they want to make it a trophy Blue lake. Sounds good to me... :tounge_out:

6. Shanadoia

Shanadoia New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Well for me, i have fished Guiest Creek Lake many times in the past 4 years..I have been from one end to the other and the average size for my catches are 2 1/2 to 4 pounds..I really like the lake for one thing i live in Shelbyville and it's close to me and the other it's not soo crouded and so much boat wake there..If your boat can get upstream to the narrow areas and drift back downstream you can catch soo many fish it's unbelieveable...They still stock the lake every year and this makes it a place for me to go when i don't want to goto Taylorsville Lake...I just bought a new bass boat and haven't even got it in the water yet soo i cannot wait to get there...Maybe i will meet you on the water sometime...Send me a message and maybe we can get together and talk catfishing Guiest Creek Lake!!!

7. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    I never knew Tville had blues but that lake is great for channels and flats. I havent been out there in years but Im starting to get that itch to try it again.

8. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    About 33 yrs ago Guist Creek Lake was a hot bass spot.

We caught two nice white cats trotlining KY River this summer. The people around here wants to call them blues but I got a positive ID on them. Probably about 3 & 5 lbs.

9. JRA

JRA New Member

State:
    Kentucky
  10. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    I believe the KDWF website has not been updated. If I am correct someone smashed the white cat record this year. I believe it weighed somewhere around 6.5 / 7.0 pounds. Don't take me for sure but I think I remember that. I think it was caught out of Guist also.

11. Shanadoia

Shanadoia New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I wish i had caught it...I will keep trying though...If you find out for sure let us all know..