Guist Creek Lake Shelbyville

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by soljahd, Jun 4, 2008.

1. soljahd

soljahd New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I was wondering if there is anyone here who fished Guist creek. Looking to maybe fish it this weekend.

2. soljahd

soljahd New Member

State:
    Indiana
    No one here has fished this lake ??

3. bigboy1352

bigboy1352 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    i'll tell you it's been about a year but last that i was out there it was kinda slow we got out off the banks about 930 or 10 didn't see much till about 1 in the morning

4. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    Fished it before and never had much luck but the state record white cat did come from here I believe. Use chick livers as the hybrids will bite on it also though and may keep you busy in a time of boredom.

5. Shanadoia

Shanadoia New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I have fished at Guist Creek many times and had good success there...They stock it with channel cats each year...It's a small 300 ac. lake but plenty of fish there and only one thing the cats have to be 12 inche size limit...With a good sonar and a little time ya can find some great spots quick to try out...One spot as far as on the bank is right beside the bridge on Benson Road, there's a place off to the right hand side to park right beside the lake and people even camp out there...I am attaching a pic of me fishing at that very spot...Hope ya success and reply back to let us know what ya caught, ok...

Attached Files:

6. soljahd

soljahd New Member

State:
    Indiana
    thanks Shanadoia will have to try that spot out sometime

7. Kmann

Kmann New Member

State:
    Crestwood, Kent
    I've been meaning to try it also, I only live about 20-30 min from there but haven't made it there yet.

8. Felixjim

Felixjim New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I went out there last summer and bank fished from dusk to dawn. Once I found the right depth I hooked a cat every 10 mins. or so all night long. No huge fish but it was still fun.

9. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    I've got 2 Bluegill heads if you're interested in fishing on 8/16.