Guist Creek Lake 8-26-09

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Titus, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Titus

Titus New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, Ky
    Fished Guist Creek Lake yesterday in Shelby county. Caught 2 small channel cats and a couple stripers, one striper was 15" the rest were very small. I was using frozen cut shad, left over from the river. Overall, a little disapointing. But it was nice to at least get out for a short time:big_smile:

Last edited: Aug 27, 2009
  2. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks for the report. Hope you can slay them next time.

3. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Thx for the report ! Can't catch em from the couch ! At least you got out and felt a tug or 2 !

4. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Its been awhile since i been out to guist creek im going to have to get back out there.To be honest i hate all those little hybred stripers they got in there,if you dont fish with large cut bait they will steal your bait off as soon as it hits water.To me they are a nuisance.I find its not as bad when your in a boat but when your fishing from the limited spots from the bank you cant get away from those buggers.Sometimes i go out there and rent a boat but havent had the funds to do that this year.

5. Titus

Titus New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, Ky
    I know what you mean, those little stripers can be VERY annoying, expecially if you use chicken liver. Too bad you cant use cast nets over there.

6. johndeere nut

johndeere nut New Member

State:
    oldham county,kentucky
    does guist creek even have a good ratio of catfish i didnt think there was that many in there?

7. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Stocked channels that's all I know so many per acre per year.