Guilty

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by kat in the hat, Jul 1, 2007.

1. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Guilty of catching a bass that is. The other day, a buddy took me to his families farm pond to fish. He was bass fishing, and I was catfishing. I immediatly hooked into a real nice channelcat, and thought the bite was gonna be hot, but didn't end up catching any more cats. Had a constant flurry of perch nibbling the worm off my hook. About every 5 minutes, when my rod would quit wiggling, I would know that my bait had been stolen. I use a floating carolina rig with a cigar float just above the hook. I was reeling up my line to re-bait, when BAM, I hooked a bass, and the fight was on. This fish got airborn 3 times. I didn't have a scale, but estimate the fish to weigh around 4#. It was 22" long, and I could probably fit 2 fists in it's mouth. It didn't seem to be very fat though, so I know it wasn't over 5#. It was just funny because my friend was fishing all over, and with every lure he had in his tacklebox, plus 1 or 2 of mine, and only managed to catch 1 fish about 10 inches long, and I caught club lunker on a bare hook.:smile2:

2. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Why be guilty? I have NO QUAMS about saying that I love to BASS FISH! Got a problem with that, then PM me. Channel cats actually make me mad stealing my crawlers when Bass Fishing anyway actually.
    There. I said it!
    :angry:

3. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Hey kat, I fish for what i can catch.Bass eat good too.:smile2:

4. whiskerlover

whiskerlover New Member

State:
    St. joseph Missouri
    There aint a darn thing wrong with bass fishing. I feel a good fisherman is someone who can leave the lake after bass or crappie fishing and drive to the river and do a little cattin. btw, congrats on your catch.

5. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i catfish for fun and bass fish for supper.dont feel a bit guilty.

6. stickusmc

stickusmc New Member

State:
    Glasford, Illinois
    i agree fishin is fishin no matter what youre after, as long as youre having fun

7. rich-online

rich-online New Member

State:
    California
    I would amend that to say, "as long as it's legal and you're having fun.":wink:

-- Rich

8. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    LOL! Thoght some of you might react.:smile2:I don't feel guilty at all. I thought it was funny as heck catching that bass on a bare hook. I don't bass fish, but there's certainly nothing wrong with it. This particular friend says that he doesn't know how to catfish, and I felt like asking him if he needed lessons on bass fishing too, but I'm not that mean. I just laughed alot.

9. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Not a thing wrong with that. I usually take a bass rod/reel to mess around for bass or gills while waiting on the cats to bite. They fight pretty decent on light tackle and taste pretty good. :big_smile:

10. kickin_wing

kickin_wing New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Bass fishing seems to get me more excited than catfishing (at least when i catch decent bass) maybe that is just because im better at bass fishing than catfishing. but i still do just as much catfishing as i do bass fishing. Maybe more catfishing because im trying to get better at it.

11. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Dont feel bad, I love to Bass Fish!

12. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Dang Yall. I just FISH....... I love to fish and anything that will streach my line is fair game and they all eat real good too :big_smile::big_smile:

13. bwillaub

bwillaub New Member

State:
    missouri
    I have lost all respect for ya, Matt. I wouldn't be caught dead fishing for those green carp. I will however forget all about your confession for a few dozen of those worms.:big_smile_2:

14. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    C'mon y'all,

Anyone who can catch a bass on a bare hook deserves a little rep!

Yeah, yeah, Matt's swimmin' in rep points already, but why not! :smile2:

I have to disagree with Johnnie, though...I eat the sweet catfish and let them gamey-tasting bass go!

15. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    aint a thing wrong with bass fishing, i usually set 3-4 poles out for cats and 1 pole out with live bait for bass and one pole lure fishing for bass... but hey bass are good eatin!

16. GUNTZ

GUNTZ New Member

State:
    CLEBURNE texas
    I LOVE TO BASS FISH ITS GREAT ON TOPWATER. I HAVE CAUGHT A 12.44.I TAKE MY BASS RODS EVERY TIME I GO SET MY JUGS OUT I HAVE TO HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WHILE WAITING ON THAT BIG FLATHEAD TO BITE:tounge_out:

17. stickusmc

stickusmc New Member

State:
    Glasford, Illinois
    heres my 2 pb bass

Attached Files:

18. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Guilty here too, theres just something fun about catching em top water style.
    I always have at least one little spinning outfit with a popper or a spinner bait on it.