guides support BOC

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by roundhill, Dec 23, 2009.

1. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    :angry: to all my brothers an friends out of 200 guids on the santee system there are only two of them that support the BOC myself an capt kevin couick we whould like your support an help we give boc members discounts an sometimes free fishing trips our prices are less than most guides on the santee but when i see a post about outher guids being better or someone posting about using them becouse the catch so an so it bothers me if they want on the boc all they have to do is pay like we do all they want is the buss with no exspence and that i dont like if this offends anyone im very sorry but i hope you understand. the roundhill

2. efrith

efrith New Member

State:
    Seale Alabama
    I see where you are coming from Capt. Ron it ain't right. if I were to need a guide on a lake any where the first thing I would do is look on here to find one. The only way I wouldn't use them is if they were booked for the time I was gonna be there then I would use a guide that they recommend. We need to help each other when we can and you guys do, just as you said.

3. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Great post Ron! Reps to ya.

4. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Considering how many people view this site, there are suprisingly few guides listed under the guide section. Furthermore, about 1/3 of them are from the Carolinas.

I'm not sure how much work these guides even get from being listed on the BOC. Most of the folks that view the site are here for the social aspects more than the fishing. Out of the ones that are fishermen, half of them don't have the disposable income to hire a guide, and the other half have their own boats and will go fish a lake and take their chances.

I understand what you are saying Roundhill. My suggestion would be to out publicize the folks that are "slipping in" under the radar. If I was a guide, and I was under the agreement guides have with the BOC, I would be utilizing the BOC publicity machine to the fullest. So much so that the others who are mentioned would be an afterthought.

Just my advice.

:wink:

5. Deepwater1

Deepwater1 New Member

State:
    Toccoa, GA
    I have to disagree with that. I, for one, feel the prime reason to join and be somewhat active on the BOC is the fishing. I can always socialize with like minded people, but I can't get the fishing information and help that I get from the BOC.

I'm on a fixed income and don't have a lot of disposable income, I own my own boat, I try to fish one or two days a week, I have and do use the services of a guide at times. I have not fished with Roundhill, yet, but my next guided trip will probably be with him. When I have friends or family come to visit (fish) I feel a pressure to make sure that they have fun (catch big fish). Hiring a good guide relieves that pressure, and I can enjoy being with them more. I can enjoy them having a great time even more.

Why hire Roundhill you may ask. First, because he does actively support the BOC. Without our (BOC) support, he probably would still make a good living, doing what he loves to do. I think, we need him more than he needs us. So I feel we should support him. Plus, he's a darn good fisherman and pleasant conversationalist.

6. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    I agree with you Ron. Those on here should help to support the guides on here. Before you couldnt talk about a tournament that wasnt a sponsor of the BOC and the same should go for Guides. In these tough time it wouldnt hurt. Maby some of them will some on here and start posting their reports, and offer up some discounts if talking about them is not allowed.

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Amen brother!! I see a lot of people who look to other places. I am trying to figure out how to get my wife to buy off on a guided trip, and i know the first time I come to Santee I will be looking you up.

For the most part, I think people are trying to get that free advertising for their people. The staff gets rid of most of this, but they can not catch it all, especially when it is hidden in random post.

8. macdaddy

macdaddy New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    I haven't use a Guide at Santee .But I have met two Capt.Roundhill and Kevin and they are both stand up people along with the pop pop . If I ever do use one thats who it will be. But while in Ga. I have alot of people talk about going to Santee and getting a guide.I Preach Roundhill name If they want To have a Great time fishing and lots of laughs even if the fish don't Bite you in for a good time.Plus they support the BOC .And that don't even count what I have learned just from sitting at Gatherings and talking Cat Fishing with him. Thanks Ron for Supporting the BOC

I got a present for you in April !!!!!!!:cool2:
    NOW WE NEED TO SUPPORT OUR GUIDES ON THE BOC

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  9. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Hell, Ive always enjoyed using Ron as a guide and come out cheaper than dragging my boat all the way there.......and sometime we even get lucky enough to have pop-pop on board as a striker and that doubles the fun and laughter. Well worth every dime he gets just for the knowledge youll walk away with.

10. santeefishhunter

santeefishhunter New Member

State:
    north caro
    Thanks Capt.Ron for the support. I speak for myself and Capt.Ron is the same way when ask for advice on fishing. We both try to help folks out with info whether they can afford a guide or not. Not many people will share information. I've given rigs away and told folks to follow me that have there own boats. We just like to see people catch fish and have a good time! If we were in it for the money we would have sold our fishing tackle years ago. I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! :big_smile:

11. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Roundhill, or "little Ron Howard" as Mac refers to him, is the only guide endorsed by the Carolina Catfish Club on the Santee Cooper lakes.

:wink:

Spend a day on the lake with him and you will learn a lot. As a BOC member you will also share a bond that other guides can not offer. You will be amazed at how much the BOC is a common thread in many conversations.

I have fished with Ron a couple of times on Santee Cooper. As a matter of fact, he is the only guide I have ever fished with on Santee Cooper. My advice is to pay attention, because you don't know when you will learn something with Ron.

:big_smile:

12. scwolf

scwolf New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I have to say that Roundhill is the best guide I have been out with. Not only is his catfishing knowledge second to none, but his willingness to share advice and information(true information) is generally unheard of in a lot of guides. I have fished with a couple of other guides before Roundhill, but will not make the mistake again...lol no offense Kevin I enjoy your post and applaud you also for the information you provide as well.

13. santeefishhunter

santeefishhunter New Member

State:
    north caro
    No offense taken SC Wolf!:big_smile:

14. macdaddy

macdaddy New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    Lakemoultrieblues I don't see them on the BOC Guide List.

15. efrith

efrith New Member

State:
    Seale Alabama
    I don't ether!

16. skiff1

skiff1 New Member

State:
    south caro
    it just could be one of those game on tails:eek:oooh:

Last edited: Dec 24, 2009
  17. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Ron, if I went to Santee and didn't hire you I would just feel dirty all over and couldn't show my face on the BoC, LOL.

For what it's worth, I tell EVERYONE about the roundhill on Santee and I call you " The Man ".

Happy Holidays Ron ; )
    -Jim-

18. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I can understand that

19. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Great Post Roundhill and very true.If I were to book a guide trip on the Santee again you would surely be the first to get a call.Your track record speaks for itself.

20. Chris55

Chris55 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I must say,I had the pleasure of meeting Roundhill at the SC gathering this year.I was with Penn Slammer and Fishin Chick,and Bill in SC.I have not had the pleasure of going out with Roundhill,but according to Penn Slammer,he is the man to go with if you want to catch the big-uns.I never knew that there was that many fishing guides on the Santee Cooper area.But if I ever heard anyone here in WV that was looking for a guide,I would send them to Roundhill.Hey after all he did offer me a solid drink at the meet.:smile2: And any man that stick his hand out to shake hands with a stranger is ok in my book.