Guided hunt info?

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting' started by spcmitchell28, Dec 26, 2008.

1. spcmitchell28

spcmitchell28 New Member

State:
    Polo, Missouri
    Hey I was just wondering if anyone out there could fill me in on what exactly a 2 x 1 guided hunt consist of? I know its 2 hunters and 1 guided but I am trying to book a hunt for me and my dad and was trying to figure out if that is the price for us both to hunt with one guide or if that is just you hunting with another random hunter? This will be my first guided hunt and any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    Hey Troy the only thing I know about that is they always will put a price per each additional hunter. So your price is probably for you and your dad and the guide.

Good luck on your hunt.

3. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    I'd give them a call and ask'm... It would be real valuable to me, to start seeing what type of folks you're dealing with, and the phone is a lot more personal than any other means..And, I feel,,,, will tell you a lot about the particular "Guide" service your potentially gonna be dealin' with.....Then, If they have a website, Might be explained there..see, if the "Twain, Meet" so to speak..

4. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    A 2x1 guided hunt does consist of you and your partner paying for the cost of the hunt. Usually it's a cheaper hunt, than 1x1 guided hunt, where it's just you and the guide. It definently depends on which animal (s) you are hunting for. Always do your homework and ask for references before sending your hard earned money for the hunt. I wish you and your dad the best of luck and hope you return with some trophies of a lifetime!:big_smile: The price quoted will be the price you and your dad have to pay each. Like $4000. That's what you have to pay and your dad have to pay for the hunt. total of $8000 for the both of you. correct me if I'm wrong. never done this yet.

5. spcmitchell28

spcmitchell28 New Member

State:
    Polo, Missouri
    Thanks for the info. I thought that was what it meant but I was just making sure. I am hoping to go hunt mule deer up in Nebraska and take my dad with me since neither of us have ever hunted mule deer before.

6. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Well, Troy,

I'm sure you'll get the info you need....But, the neat thing, is you and your Dad are going experience something you've never done before, together. Sounds good.
    Good luck, Have fun...Let us know..

7. spcmitchell28

spcmitchell28 New Member

State:
    Polo, Missouri
    Thanks, I am really looking forward to it. I have been in the army for the last couple years, so I just havent had the time to do some hunting so I figured I would go out with my dad when I get out. :tounge_out:

8. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Good luck on the Mule Deer hunt Troy! Western Nebraska has some great Mule deer. The Non-Typical Mule Deer record was taken by muzzleloader last year. The gross score was around 220 B&C points! Nebraskaland magazine done a pictorial and article on this amazing deer. It was huge. The buck was taken near Kimball, Nebraska I believe. The sandhill region of the state offers trophy Mule Deer, with many public grounds to hunt too.

Hope you score a nice trophy and good luck to your father too.
    That's awesome!!

9. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    I'm thinking the Mule deer buck was shot by a guy in New Jersey and it scored 212 BC.:crazy::big_smile: Making it the new record for muzzleloader. That's the info supplied by the Nebraska Game and Parks Commission website.

10. spcmitchell28

spcmitchell28 New Member

State:
    Polo, Missouri
    I didnt know that. I was just wanting to go there because its within driving distance from my home, and they have some decent prices for hunting mule deer there. I cant believe how expensive it is to go on a guided hunt. I am really looking forward to the whole experience because I have always wanted to hunt mule deer. I am thinking about going there with my bow, so I guess ill see what happens.

11. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Tagging a Mule Deer would be awesome with the bow! Be prepared, because it can be a very physical demanding hunt. Lots of walking and stalking to get within bow range. A great friend of mine went to Alberta, Canada a few years back and shot a mediocre sized Muley. It was very challenging. The inclement weather played a big factor too. Heavy winds and rain, slowed the hunt for several days, but my buddy scored on his buck the last day. I believe it was shot at 52yds and the buck scored in the low 130's. My friend is a incredible shot with a bow and does all the work on my bow too. He is a pro tech and knows his stuff. I wish you the best of luck and keep flinging those arrows and practice smart so you are prepared for the moment of truth!!:big_smile:

12. spcmitchell28

spcmitchell28 New Member

State:
    Polo, Missouri
    Thanks, unfortunately I will have to wait til next year at least before I can chase a mullie, I just wish there was more oppourtunities for someone to go hunt out west on public land, without having to go through applying for tags :angry: