guide

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by catfishscotty, Dec 2, 2009.

how much would you pay ???? at a dollar a pound ???

1. 100 $$$

2. 150 $$$

3. 250 $$$

4. 300 $$$

5. 350 $$$

6. 400 $$$

7. 450 $$$

8. 500 $$$

9. 550 $$$

10. 600 $$$ as long as you was catchin you would pay

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    I was hit with this offer yesterday

the 2 guys said they would pay me a dollar a pound for every fish they caught .

If i was your guide how much would you spend If i charged a dollar a pound for every fish caught ????

100 $$$ for 100lbs worth

200 $$$ for 200 lbs worth

300 $$$ for 300 lbs worth

400 $$

500 $$

ect ect

this was me providing everything to fish boat ,, rods ,, bait ect ect

Im just curious what you would pay if the guide trip was set up this way ..

2. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I might pay a buck a pound for every fish over 50#, but I wouldn't pay a buck a pound for a bunch of 5# fish ;) Just my $.02 :wink: When I start guiding it's a flat $150/person per trip whether is a 4 hour day trip or a 16 hour all nighter. Kids under 12 go free. Course by then I'll be so old I'll forget what we're going to the river for:smile2:

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Ya take a check?:wink: I ain't eat fish in so long i doubt my system could tolerate more than 5 pounds. Course that includes greasy fried taters and beer.:cool2:

4. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    to be honest i would probably pay up to $250 that way, but i would rather receive a flat rate if i was a guide. you have to much overhead involved before you even get started to be able to do it any cheaper that $250 per day per person. however if it was someone i knew that was just trying to get a good fishing trip in, i would charge them however you want as long as it covered my expenses....

5. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    You won't make much of a living as a guide charging by the pound... At least not on Truman / LOZ.

Once in a while you might hit it big but most days, you'll make way less than $100...

Of course you *are* Catfish Scotty, not just a mere mortal, so I could be completely wrong.

6. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Mr.T is right, most folks would pay $100 to just hang out and fish with the LEGEND! :wink:

7. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Does the etc etc mean shine and a bucket?:eek:oooh::smile2:

I'd request a brand new bucket if it were me.

I guess it would be a flat rate with tips if they want. Good luck to ya.

8. catfishscotty

State:
    mo

well heck ya the moon shine would be free !!!! shoot we would pass the mason jar around after every good fish we get in the boat !!!!! lol :wink::wink::smile2:

now if my white bucket is needed on the fishing trip well ummmm i will have a disclaimer saying use at your own risk :embarassed::eek:oooh::embarassed: lol

2 funny

pssst how else do you think i chum the fish close to the boat ???/:roll_eyes:

9. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Scottyyyyyyyyyy!!!!! :smile2:

10. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Keep the lid on that thing. I might be fishing down wind. :smile2:

11. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    If he kept the lid on it there would probably be an explosion like the bomb that hit Hiroshima with all the pressure building from "Scotty funk". At least he's never "cropdusted" me while on the lake, and hopefully never will. I did get blinded by something really white with a big crack down the middle earlier this spring. Scotty was anchored up next to me at the buoys and I looked over to say something and will now be changed forever as he was in the "after action cleanup" process. And I thought the moon only came out at night :crazy:. Chris

12. catfishscotty

State:
    mo

Of course you *are* Catfish Scotty, not just a mere mortal, so I could be completely wrong.[/QUOTE]

your right marty I do have catfish abilities that you may see as unnatural

maybe you should hire me to teach you how to catch catfish ...

:wink::roll_eyes:

13. FlatheadDreaming

FlatheadDreaming New Member

State:
    Grain Valley
    Well i have been fishing with you what 4 times this year, so it looks like I owe you about $3,600!!:embarassed::embarassed: Two of the times everyone on here said the fish were not even biteing!!! Infact i believe even Mr.T said the condition and time of year were not even right! After showing those pictures to guys at work they said they wanted to guide out with you. I guess if you truly believe in your mad catfishing skills and think you can back them up then go for it!!!! Thats what i call confidence, and if i were to even get a guide and pay money then I would want to have confidence in him. If you didnt catch anything then you just got a free boat ride. Mr. T if i were you I would take him up on his offer!!, It might not be cheap for you but it would be better than travling all over the USA, (wheeler lake) just trying to catch some decent fish. In the four trips i went out with him i turned out with 2 fish over 50lbs and one more pushing the 50 mark and cant even tell you haw many 20's and 30's!!!

Attached Files:

14. FlatheadDreaming

State:
    Grain Valley
    This story is 100% true
    Im not falling for that one again LMAO!!! We didn't have shine, but i never dip / chew. I was watchin scotty take a dip at the beginnig of the night and I told him," you get me on a 50lber and ill take a dip. He looked at me and handed me a brand new can. Nedless to say I had to keep my word and opened the can. about 5-10 min later I got so darn dizzy i could not stand up to reel in a fish that doubled the rod over. And I even chumed the water a little when i had to spit the dip out. What a night!!!

15. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    :smile2::smile2: yes that was some funny chitt to watch him try and get up when the rod smashed over

he looked a little green behind the ears i must say lmao

so i had to get up and reel a darn pesky blue cat in !!!!

but i must say morris did a hell of a good job netting the fish and chumming the lake at the same time :wink::wink:

way to go young man !!!!!!!

hey morris what do ya think about making some videos together fishing truman and lake of the ozarks for blues and flatheads ????

16. FlatheadDreaming

State:
    Grain Valley
    Making videos sound FUN! We could start posting clips of them on youtube! Everyone look foward to watching videos! We will have to get started making some soon!

17. FlatheadDreaming

State:
    Grain Valley
    Making videos sound FUN! We could start posting clips of them on youtube! Everyone look foward to watching videos! We will have to get started making some soon!

18. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    :wink: cool i would find that as much fun as fishing itself :big_smile:

looks like I better go to the salvage yard over at Emmits and find some heavy duty over load springs for the green fish hauller ya got in that pic of yours .

yep videos of catfishin redneck hillbilly style :wink::roll_eyes:

we may not be purdy but we put fish in the boat !!!!!!

nyuck nyuck nyuck ..

19. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    o heck brandon just because marty dosnt catch very man fish over 10 lbs at truman or lake of the ozarks ,, well thats not my fault !!!!:wink:

shoot me and my buddies catch plenty of fish in the 20 to 50 lb range and even a few 60 to 80 lbers

heck just last week or so i took tom and we boated 2 in the 20 lb range right smack in the middle of a cold front and wind .

marty is led to believe all the redneck hillbillies have killed them :smile2::smile2::smile2:

sure marty I buy all the fish you see me and my friends holding up or cleaning on the butcher block at PRICE CHOPPER
    LOL

pssst marty go back awhile in the posts you seen that i went fishing I caught more then a 100 lbs a day ,, then days only catching dinks ..

marty anytime ya want to hook up and go fishin with me you are more then welcome !!!!!

shoot marty im not a bad guy at all I even want to fish with the game warden now that I have got to know him :big_smile::wink:

heck both of my friends catman 1979 chris and ccso640 chris caught some 20 and 35 lbs just a week ago ...

shoot chris ,, morris ,,chris and me are thinking of going fishing friday threw sunday this weekend in the cold ..

come on down and go with us :wink::big_smile:

20. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    Scottie you need to service that GREEN FISH HAULER b4 the new year, you know, new tires, air ride shocks, lots of GREASE:eek:oooh: