Guest Viewers

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by plumbertom1, Jul 21, 2007.

1. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Seems like most times when I get on board that there are 2 or 3 guests viewing the Ca. forums.
    To you I say Join up, it only takes a minute and then you can join the fun, post your comments and ask your questions.
    We need more Input from Anglers here in Ca. and we would like to know who you are and where your from so those of us in your area can get together with you to fish and share knowledge of local fishing holes. You can help us by telling whay works for you and what you've tried that doesn't work.
    Just sign up (it's free and it doesn't contribute to jour junk mail load) and then post a new thread telling us you are here.
    You may be surprized at the warm welcome you get from all across the country.
    This is not like the bass fishing forums where you need to lurk in the background and hope to pick up the hot spots, we freely share where the bite is going on and what is the hot bait with all who are interested.

2. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    I could not have said it any better Tom, The Family likes everyone to join in.

3. drews0311

drews0311 New Member

State:
    iowa
    i hear you tom.

joe

4. loppdawg69

loppdawg69 New Member

State:
    California
    I was one of the lurkers, it was the great advice and friendly attitude that caused me to join.

5. KnotGillty

KnotGillty New Member

State:
    Northern Califo
    But why would a lurker want to go through the hassle of registration when they can get their fix for free by staying behind the scenes? Because of this, some fishing websites are seeing an increase in the number of members who are refusing to give out the specific whats, wheres, and hows, because they don't want every Tom, Dick, and Harry to invade their honey hole. Many websites have as many lurkers (or more) at any one time viewing the forums as they do actual members.

Now, if the administration required everyone to login in order to view the forum content, then we would see an increse in membership. Of course, a byproduct of membership increase is having more members who sign up but refuse to make even a single post. The administration should have an internal policy regarding when to delete registered members who never participate. This would save server space by eliminating the waste. Blocking the forums to registered members only will (in my opinion) result in more participation, more information sharing, and a better experience for all involved.

My 3 cents. . .

6. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Welcome Nate to the Boc.

Randy, great post. Kudos!

7. plumbertom1

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    The reference to lurkers was intended for those that visit some of the forums that are mainly bass fishing as many of those perch jerkers tend to be very uptight about sharing info about what they consider to be their private domain.
    Here on the BOC we consider guest viewers welcome and simply would like to invite them to join the fun.
    For thee most part I have found that the folks in the BOC are more interested in getting more people interested in catfishing than feeding their egos.
    Sure, everyone likes to share their stories and photos of big fish but if you've noticed, and I've seen it from you also, you tell people the where, when and how because catfishermen are by nature gregarious.

8. keenphis

keenphis New Member

State:
    SantaPaula, Callifornia
    I was a lurcker for a week or two myself. But I am glad that I decided to sign up. Even though I have only asked one question you all have been very friendly and helpfull. Thanks again and god bless.

9. godsglad8tor

godsglad8tor New Member

State:
    Riverside, CA
    i gotta agree with you randy, its hard to find those freeloaders

awesome post tom :0a31:

10. drews0311

drews0311 New Member

State:
    iowa
    gents

i have been thinking about this for a few day. i dont think there are as many people visiting as it may apear. most of the time when i am checking the forum i am not logged in until i am ready to post a message. i dont even realize i am doing this. i think thats where all the visitors are coming from.

but yes i do agree that we should have to log in to see the forum.

i have never felt that anyone on here is afraid to give out their tips and honey holes. i think the only thing that stops us all from fishing together every weekend is that we live so far apart

11. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    so true. I do not mind at all sharing my spots with folks, if they are members. I know i would fish more with members if I lived close to some of you folks. I do know that alot of lurkers are on here and I stopped giving my spots away. I hate being this way, but I have noticed several times folks seem to follow me around on lakes or rivers now and then. also many folks were i work that fish are not memebers of BOC, but lurk and get advice and directions to these secret spots. So when I found that out (I caught a person several times), some of you may notice I do not post alot. Seen many of my spots get fished out. to much pressure. If you join BOC, meet me and I will take you to some of my spots and show you some tactics. Ok.....That enough of this:eek:oooh:

12. gillfish

gillfish New Member

State:
    California
    My problem is, by the time I get on or get to a message that I may have a comment about, it's already been commented on numerous times. So I sit back & enjoy them. Good fishing all.

13. plumbertom1

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    That doesn't make your coments less worthwhile and you might have just the tip that someone needs.

14. Finesse

Finesse New Member

State:
    Sacramento,Ca

i agree totaly..i am the same way, i usualy don't post up where, just the general area.