Guess what i got today at walmart

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by cat6028, Sep 7, 2009.

1. cat6028

cat6028 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i got a Abu Garcia 5600BCX w/rod for 30.00 at plainfield walmart and they had one left on the rack beside the one i got. if id of had the money id of got the other one to. but im a broke hoe, so no luck i getting both.

2. old newbie

old newbie New Member

State:
    indiana
    Your broke, I would have had to mug someone in the parking lot to get the first $30.00.:embarassed:

3. cat6028

cat6028 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    ya i had to do the most dipicable thing to get that pole."Beg the Wife" lol:smile2::smile2::smile2:

4. fishjunkie

fishjunkie New Member

State:
    montana
    that a heck of a deal and i have to say that is a great looking rott i sure miss mine

5. countryboy79

countryboy79 New Member

State:
    nc
    Dang thats cheap!!!!! I'am gonna start looking around here for that deal.

6. cat6028

cat6028 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    yeah his name is brisko he is 9 months old, akc ,german parents. he is my second son basicly. and yea i thought it was a heck of a deal i had just picked one up like to two weeks ago same rod and reel in avon for 45 and was very pleased then yesterday plainfield had them for 30.oo and i was exstatic. like i kid with a brand new toy:smile2:

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Nicholas congrats on the find. Enjoy your new toy. It may be your Christmas present.:wink:

8. cat6028

cat6028 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    now all i got to do is get out and use it.

9. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    I was just at the local Wally World and saw the rod you are talking about. What the recommended sizes for that combo? Looks to me for maybe smaller cats, but I don't use baitcaster for anything other than spoonbill now, like Diawa Sealine hsd 40 and hsd 50, so I don't have a lot of knowledge of the capabilities of the smaller ones. Thanks

10. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    may you put it to the test and limit soon bro:wink: enjoy

11. catfishcatcher

catfishcatcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    Good price on the combo but be-ware. We purchased 2 of those bcx's about a year or two ago at full price. They will handle the smaller cats ok but we have noticed problems with the bait clickers working correctly on them at times. They are not made as well as some of the other abu's but you did good on the price. Good luck and hope to see some pics.

12. cat6028

cat6028 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i hope to be able to get afew on my days off which start tommorrow.

13. catfishcatcher

State:
    indiana
    Sorry, I meant to say we had problems with the bait clickers not working. Not engaging at times and other times had problems getting the clicker turned off.

14. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thats kinda cheap for an abu combo. they run 60-70 around here.:crazy:

15. cat6028

cat6028 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    yeah it had a regular price tag for 65.00 and a clearance tag for 30.00 they also had several several of the black bax baitcasters on rods for the same price.

16. catfishcatcher

State:
    indiana
    Those bcx abu's are the bottom of the line for the abu's I believe. Look in bass pro, they are the cheapest ones they list. the price goes up quite a bit after that. There not bad reels just cheaper made.

17. cat6028

cat6028 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i think they are ok for the price and ill put it to the test and if it fails no biggy at least i caught something on it

18. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    good deal! you got a bargain, there is always some butthole that will rain on someones parade and say it is the bottom of the line....who cares.