Guess the sportsmen won...

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by AwShucks, Jan 28, 2007.

1. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I really don't know who won...but it at least shows the process works...

Public opposition kills proposed experimental zone

By Ed Godfrey
    Outdoors Editor
    The Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation has dropped its idea to create an experimental quality deer management zone in southwest Oklahoma — at least for this year.

The rest of the story is here, if you want to register....

http://www.newsok.com/article/3005334/

2. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    I think it's good news in the fact that the wildlife dept will listen to everyone's thoughts and concerns before making a new law. What would happen if we never had any say in a new law or porposal?

3. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    I could hardly believe it when I read it. That's awesome. I hope they pass the 2 buck limit. That'll be just peachy with me.

4. fishnfool68

fishnfool68 New Member

State:
    Near Tulsa Oklahoma
    I'm happy to hear that.Ididn't think the proposal was in the best intrest of the hunters who live down there.I still think doing more to stop spotlighting and other poaching activitys would be most benificial for the deer and lawabiding hunters.Why inact more laws if we're not able to enforce the ones we already have.

5. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    Thats great!!I wish Mississippi would listen to sportsmen.They made a lot of wildlife management aeras on public lands with out asking anyone and there was some great hunting on that land but now it's behind a red line marked on the trees and you can't even set foot on it without getting a big fine.Like we need a management area to have more deer heck you can't hardley drive down the road without hiting one,I know because I've hit three.