guages gone haywire

Discussion in 'Boat Repair Help' started by delbert bumbleshoot, Feb 11, 2009.

1. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    I have a 2000 Triton 186dc with a 150 Yamaha VMax.It has hardly ever been in the shop.I was out at the power plant lake and all of my gauges pretty much went dead.Tachometer, speedometer,water pressure and trim all not working on one trip.No response out of the bilge pump either.Boat is stored inside although I have a squirrel problem.I shot 8 of them in my back yard and trapped 4 more out alive and transported them out of area.I still find nuts under the cover inside the boat.Anybody have any idea what my problem is.Fuse block and wiring is right under the driver console.

2. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    my first thoughts are a ground wire problem since its seems everything went out on you

3. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    I agree with the ground theory, its basically the only thing other than the battery itself that is common to everything.
    Run a wire from the ground of the battery to a ground terminal under the dash, and see if things start working. If they do, start checking ground wires for teeth marks. :eek:oooh:
    Good luck

4. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    Ditto on the ground wire theory....As others have said try that first:cool2:

5. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    My first thought is a bad ground also but who knows. You might just have a main fuse (possibly in-line fuse close to the battery) in the run that feeds your busbar under the dash so be sure to check for voltage also putting your black meter lead directly on the batteries negative post.

6. jrack1

jrack1 New Member

State:
    mo.
    bad ground, but water pressure sounds like a bad pick up or pluged line.