GSP CHEATED!!!???

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by derbycitycatman, Feb 2, 2009.

1. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Seen some reports of GSP's corner admitting to "accidentally?" applying vaseline to GSP's shoulders and back (illegal) during the fight after applying it to his face(legal). Only got to see the fight on youtube and other sites and didnt see it. DId you guys that watched the fight notice anything? Seems to me a greasy back and shoulders could help alot in the bjj, wrestling ..... aspects of mma. If true and intentional should GSP give up the belt, rematch or whatever. If unintentional what then. Seems GSP had a big advantage but who knows he prolly would have still won?

2. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    ...Now that you mention it...I think I remember them putting some on the top of his right shoulder, then wiped it off. Interesting. I'm gonna have to watch it again. BUT...nobody put any on his back, or ribs that I saw. That I know of, I can't see how it would have affected the outcome because BJ was never really in a position to make any real submission attempts, but if they did that, and since it's illegal...something should be done. If what I remember is what they are talking about, I think it really was inadvertent, and of no real significance other than it being a legality. It's not like they greased up or anything. Interesting enough though. Definitely gonna watch it again real soon. I'll wait 'till then before I will call it "cheating".

3. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    yea they used vaseline to "lube" him up. it was on si.com after the second round though they wiped it all of and got rid of it. bj penns family lawyer had a report made and ready to file against GSP and his guys.

4. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I saw the fight in youtube as well, looks to me like GSP was on top of Penn the whole time and Penn really didn't have a chance at making a decent fight. I don't know if Penn really tried to submit GSP but he sure didn't look like he was anywhere close to doing that. IMO he was receiving most of the punishment and looked slow and unconfortable in the cage.
    Was GSP too slippery to grab? could have been, but they both were sweating and that makes anyone slippery.

5. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    If it hapend put the gloves on and do it again! I dont like GSP at all but if its true it would be hard to submit the guy.

6. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    IMO!!! I can't see how the bit of vasoline on GSP's shoulders affected BJ's pounding at all. :roll_eyes: BJ never had a chance. And to try a file suit over that is just pathetic.
    Watching the fight again, it looks like the guy smearing the vasoline had his head up his butt and didn't want to wipe any extra vasoline on his pants, so he wiped it on GSP. :smile2: Not at all a game changer in IMO.
    Whatever, I can't see to much happening over this. We'll see though. :confused2:

7. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Great story, The quotes in there from BJ's side will only make this a heated rivalry. I smell GSP v BJ penn rematch soon, GSP will take this very personally.

BTW, the only thing IMO that GSP's corner could have "applied" over his head, shoulders, and ribs that would have made ANY difference in this fight would have been a baseball bat. GSP was dominating him from the beginning. BJ had nothing to give, he was out powered, out conditioned, and out smarted. And this is coming from a guy that lost a 30 pack, from betting on BJ:sad2:

8. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    BJ was clearly off condition for that fight. After the first round he was already starting to breath a little harder. Im a Penn fan and I will admit that...anybody who watches Bj fight though, knows that he will work the high guard and the rubber guard quite a bit in his fights AND he did try to work it several times and GSP was able to squirm out. It will be interesting to see how this plays out...

9. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    if any one watched the show where they showed these guys training for the fight they will see penn taking time off from training and screwing around. dana white even went so far as to keep calling him on his phone and penn would not answer. white called penns brother and he assured him he was training hard. he screwed himself and dana even said if he was screwing off it would come back and bite him and it did. the way dana white talked this was not something new and that bj is known for slacking off in his training. prodigy my ass.

10. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I dont know if taking time off really should be highlighted as much as it did. His conditioning was just off period. Whenever I train for a tournament, I take some time off towards the middle in order to tailor anything that might be jacked up especially if Im hurt. Then another break right before the end just to get my strenth levels back and to check myself over. I dont always win :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:...but I know the value of a little break in the training. Whoever was in charge of BJ's cardio fitness screwed up big time for him.

11. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Well, after reviewing the footage, everyone has agreed that GSP's cornerman did grease his back and chest bewtween rounds. Appearantly the guy was caught doing it more than once. Is also been said that Matt Serra complained that GSP's corner did the same thing during their second fight. BJ Penn did admit though that GSP had him pretty much out of it after the second round but an appeal has been made to the commision. I dont know what they are asking for but it appears that there might be a third fight.

12. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I was figuring on a third anyway, but this makes it more interesting

13. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    BJ must have a death wish. There is no way he is gonna catch GSP with a triangle, or an arm bar...or some such other BJJ submission. GSP is a much stronger, better disciplined athelete. If there ever is a third fight...GSP will punish Penn for even thinking he's on the same level. Saying "I am God", and being God are two different things. Penn has all the tools to be the best in the world, but thinking you have arrived...when you haven't is nothing but ignorance. He has to come to grips with the fact that he still has much to learn...much work to do in the way of strength, and conditioning...if he is to continue to try and fight above his natural weight class.

...Just my opinion.

14. Joey6500

Joey6500 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    BJs body doesn't hold 170 like it used to.Since he got serious about 155.

Did you guys ever see his fight with Machida in K1? At 205 lbs.BJ looked like a freakin toad.

15. catman872

catman872 Member

State:
    missouri
    i just wanna know what happened to BJ's "to the death" he quit lol
    all the natural talent in the world isnt anything without heart and drive..BJ was one of my fav fighters but i lost respect for him when he quit.