Grubb worms as catfish bait?

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by lil kat, Jul 11, 2008.

1. lil kat

lil kat New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I was wondering if anyone could tell me if grubb worms work well for catfish bait. I know they will produce bluegill, and some bass. Thanks for any input.

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    You may catch Channels but you'll have a hard time keeping bait from eating them. If it was me I'd use them to catch bait and then use the gills or whatever for my catfish bait....Just my opinion.

3. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I don't know to be honest but I would think that cats will eat almost anything at any given point. I wouldn't put my entire efforts into using them but throwing one rod out couldn't hurt. I usually try to set one rod aside to experiment but so far no big pay-offs, LOL.
    -Jim-

4. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    LOL! If there's a 'gill in the same county, he will beat the cats to your grub.:smile2:

5. Dan the Fisherman

Dan the Fisherman New Member

State:
    Ramsey, Illinois
    Paul I have caught many a channels with grubs when I was a kid. Haven't used them for years. Worked good in the creek and farm ponds back then though.

6. lil kat

lil kat New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for all the replys. Me and the wife are going out and try our luck this morning and we will see what happens:big_smile:

7. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Paul, you and the wife enjoy your day out. G'luck and let us know how the grubs do.

thanks
    -Jim-

8. lil kat

lil kat New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I had no luck with the grubbs at all. That shocked me not even a nibble. No dinks, no gills, no NOTHING!!!!!:eek:oooh::eek:oooh::eek:oooh: