grub worms.

Discussion in 'Fishing Bait Review' started by nicka2231, Oct 15, 2009.

1. nicka2231

nicka2231 New Member

State:
    Texas
    i live in apartments and when it rains the grub worms come out like crazy some big fat ones. i was wondering if anyone ever used grub worms for bait and if so did yal have any luck. thanks.:confused2:

2. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I've never used em, but I read an article about em being good bait. I was wonderin if a guy could collect em in summer and freeze em and use em late as bait.

3. countryboy79

countryboy79 New Member

State:
    nc
    Ive used them before i caught bream and channels with them. they work best wene you turn them inside outwords. Put the hook on its head and push it will fold up like a sock.

4. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I used to find grubs in the summer in old rotted stumps and put them in a coffee can with some of the rotted wood and then in my fridge. They would get huge in a few months, good trout bait you could probably use them for cats too.

5. Skunk_Ape

Skunk_Ape New Member

State:
    tenn.
    Grubworms will catch fish, but I have better luck on catalpa worms.

6. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    When I was a kid we used to use them to catch bluegill , bass , crappie and the once in awhile channel cat . We used to float them . The gills loved them .

7. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    grub worms are a good bream bait.i use the sometimes when i cant get wax worms.all i have to do is take the shovel and make 1 scoop in my garden(they eat my garden up)wax worms still better.