grub - What do you eat while catfishing

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by beaneye46, Jan 28, 2006.

1. beaneye46

beaneye46 New Member

State:
    indiana
    whats everyone like to grub on when theyre fishin? i like to make jerky and trail mix. this year im going to plant some tomatoes in my favorite spots on the river and hope it doesnt flood out. last year i ate a tomatoe on the bank and threw some of it on the ground, and about a couple of months later there was a nice little plant there.

2. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    I have no preferance on what I'm snacking on when I'm fishing but a garden fresh mater sounds so good right now. Can't wait til it's time to start planting.

3. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    a lot of times i just take a sandwitch and chips, but where we use to fish for bass we did plant tomatoes one year along with lettuce and they made nice additions to the sandwiches

4. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    When I'm alone I just take beef jerky and/or beef logs - usually keep em stowed in the boat. When my wonderful wife comes along, then we usually have sangwiches & fruit.

5. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    never planted tomato plants but i have come across them along the river and sampled some of the 'maters. thats a good idea, i might throw some seeds around this year! if we are going for quite a while or overnight what we usually do is raid the dollar store and load up on chips (or cheese puffs:D), vienna sausages, jerky, sardines, smoked oysters, crackers, and maybe a can of pork and beans or two. if we plan on startin a fire, gotta bring the hotdogs! i used to stop at whatever fast food joint had burgers on sale and get a sack of 'em but i soon learned out how fast mayo goes bad. would spend half the night with my butt propped against a tree:D i dont take beer very often but almost always pick up a 2-litre. by the way, 2-litre bottles make an EXCELLENT pillow!

6. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    wait that was you getting into my tomato plants Dink!?????:mad: nah im just kidding i to have found plants around:p

7. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    i agree they make great pillows but the worst part is if you fell asleep and wake up with cheese puffs smashed all over your face, brings new meaning to cheese head huh:p

8. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    or ants crawlin all over ya eatin the cheese puff residu!

9. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    lol yeah that would be pretty disgusting but im sure i've woken up with worse on me

10. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Personally I never take anything to eat, but I do take plenty to drink.

11. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    it really depends on who i am going to fish with on what im going to take

12. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    I rarely bring food. About the only time i do is if we are planning on starting a fire. Then it's always hotdogs. It's strange though, I think i can eat three times more hot dogs while fishing than just on a normal occasion. I have come pretty close to eating a ten pack by myself.

13. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    man thats pretty impressive

14. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Mountain dew and a couple of cans copenhagen is all i take with me.

15. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i take thyriod meds, i stay hungry. we went once last year without snacks and i ended up roasting a couple bluegills on a stick. no salt, spices= NASTY!

16. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio

You must of been pretty damn hungry. I could never waste bait like that. :)

17. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    yeah i wouldnt waste bait but then again if i get hungry enough i would do it

18. webster_catman

webster_catman New Member

State:
    webster
    i ussually buy a two liter and some jerky, but if i forget food and the water is clean enough and i got a fire, ill catch a few cray fish and cut a pop can in half ansd boil them on the fire. then rip the tail off and eat the tail. and u can always use your left overs or what ever u didnt cook as bait. not a bad snack though when u get hungry

19. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    now that ive gotta try!

20. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    I provide a lunch break when I have clients, and will begin doing it for my tournament partner this year (Fordman).

There is a two-burner Coleman stove on my boat that will cook up a pan full of filets in about 10 minutes. I treat my clients to a fresh fish lunch while they're fishing. It does get a little dicy if one of them has Danny King's Punch Bait on his hands... Pass the crackers!:crying:

Now that's a treat that they talk about for years.