grr i hate poison ivy

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by thecatman, Sep 12, 2009.

1. thecatman

thecatman New Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    grr how many others here cant stand poison ivy i think i've had it 8 times now this year

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I hate it too. But I hate poison oak more. When I use to hunt I would look at it and catch it.:big_smile: I learned to just go and get a shot and forget about it.

3. bobs bait

bobs bait New Member

State:
    north carolina
    well i have been had 3 times this year had to get shots but if you catch it early had a little old lady tell me to use white shoe polish on it it does help dry it uo but you look like a spooted owl bobs bait

4. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj
    i hate the stuff if i even think about going into the woods i get it:angry: lol.

5. nobullheads

nobullheads New Member

State:
    Wichita, KS
    I didn't really know what poison ivy looked like until a month ago. While I was fishing, my budy pointed it out to me......... while i was standing in it:eek:oooh:
    It didn't itch that bad until I scratched one little area and then all of it started itching.

6. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Brandon...

Get you some Technu. It is a wash that you wash the affected area with and it removes the bacteria that causes the itch and blisters. It works good. Will take you less time to get rid of it and heal up from it. Just follow the instructions on the bottle.

7. etexun

etexun New Member

State:
    Texas (Nea
    It doesn't bother me but I met a man once that was digging a ditch for his septic line. He was down in the ditch on his knees pulling up roots of the stuff with is bare hands. I saw him a couple days later and his hands and arms looked like raw hamburger meat. It would make you sick to even see it. He had to go to the hospital. The most I have ever had is a spot or two on me and I am very thankful for that.

8. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Brandon,Like Kevin said,TECHNU It was made for the military, and it does work. There used to be a product called IVY DRI that worked about as well. I don't get it easily,but if I get the sap on me its all over but the cryin.

9. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    As a dumbbutt kid, I rolled around in a patch about the size of a king size bed, on a dare. Just ended up with a silver dollar size spot right above my plumbers smile.:embarassed:

10. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Man i've never had a case and I'm terribly sorry about all yours. Hope you get well godspeed! Take care.

11. catfishkiller35

catfishkiller35 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    i use to get it bad doctor told me i was gonna have to stay off the creek bank or else i was just gonnq keep getting it i told him i guess it was gonna kill me then cause no way i was gonna stop going to my favorite fishing spot lol i was always getting the poision oak but there really both the same thing shumack is also probly spelled that wrong all three plants/vines have a oil thats caller urusheoil that causes the rash spelling may be wrong again dr told me that soap and water spreads it but its still the best thing to do when ya first get exsposed my leg sweld up so bad i had to cut my pant leg off funny thing now when i get it i get a small red patch and in a day or two if i dont scratch it it gets chalky and goes away dr told me every 7 years your body chemistry changes so maybee thats it remember that the cloths you wear and get it on can also carry the oil so best to wash em a couple of times and other people doing your laundy can also get it from your clothes some web site said that i read years ago

12. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    When I was a kid would get it real bad.Over the years I haven't got it as bad. In fact this year might be the first year I didn't get it. I probally just jinked myself.