Growing Up / Can't Wait

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by DeerHunter01, May 14, 2006.

1. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    You know when I was young about 10 years old I lived in Pennsylvania, a boy that age is not allowed too hunt until he is the age of 12 and you could not take the Hunter ed exam until you was 11 . So that one year took forever to come around.

Then I took my Hunter exam three days long and then the big test, I remember missing one question on that test. I was on top of the world cause the next year I could go hunting and carry a gun. So I had to wait again for another year before I could hunt. Then the day came and it was spring gobbler season when I was able to get my license it was like the top of the world to me.

Then I could not wait to be 16 to get my drivers license, Go hunting in New York State for deer with my uncles, Plus get my first fishing license for the state. It was a long four years for that to come around. So I got all the things that I could not wait for at one time. (lol) Plus a Date the first week I had my drivers license. :tounge_out:

Well lets see here now the next thing too happen was me being 18 years of age graduating from High school and being able to go to the strip in WV to drink at the bars !! So after waiting two hole years it came and went like it was no big deal waiting for. But it sure felt like forever.

Then I could not wait to be 21 years of age, In Pennsylvania you could not drink until you hit 21 years of age. Well at 21 I had quit drinking pretty much unless it was one drink ever 6 months..(lol) :big_smile:

Then my next big wait was hitting 25 to get cheaper vehicle Insurance ( lol) See the trend here going down hill quick don't it. (trying to save money had no worries at home but now on my own looking for that big break)

SO last night my wife and I had went on a little road trip to Cumberland City while I did some skipjack fishing she sat and watched, and then I had a couple of members from the BOC come and visit for awhile and then we decided to drive over to Kentucky lake and grab something to eat at the Catfish Kitchen, We walked into the place and got a seat right off the bat on Saturday evenings its not easy to do this there..lol so the waitress brought over the Menu's and sat them down as I opened it I found my next age too look forward to, At the top of the Menu it says !!

AGE 55 AND ABOVE GET DISCOUNT AND BUFFET IS $5.99 ALL YOU CAN EAT

SO dang now I got to wait until I am 55 for this next one, does it ever stop !!

:beat_shot: :0a36:

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    You may have aged some, but you are still a kid at heart!!!:ah:
    Don't worry, after you make it to the discount age, you can look forward to retirement age, LOL!!!

3. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    then after retirment age you wish you could go back to the wishing i was 40 age lol.

4. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    DH, take me there when we go to the gathering and I'll slip you some of the dicounted buffet under the table.:big_smile:

5. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    yeah i think i'll pass on that special id rather be payin full price than to get a few bucks off and be a lot older.
    i feel old now so i know i aint going to feel very good at 55:eek:oooh:

your right man it seem we wish our lives away then at a point we start wishing we were younger instead of just enjoying the ride.
    guess theres no pleaseing us!!!

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    The next age to look for is the one where what you used to do all nite now takes all night to do! LOL!

7. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Good one Eric!

When you get my age you look forward to every morning to see if you wake up.
    What in the heck is Big George talking about? :eek:oooh: :embarassed::confused2:

8. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Olefin :

You don't want to know what Big George is talking about (LMAO)

Hey BobPaul:

We will go over there for a bite to eat one night and then you can buy..lmao

DRC:

I sure as heck don't want that age to come up too quick for me but this morning I called my Mother and was talking to her on the phone she said you should move to Texas here, I ask her when the last time she caught any catfish over 20 pounds , she said I have never caught a catfish here over 20 pounds in 28 years of me living here. I said if I have to wait 28 years I will not be here then so I will just stay right where I am at.. LOL Plus its too darn hot down there !

Mutt I wish I could go back to 21 again or maybe in High school cause there's alot out there I didn't see when I was in High school, just wonder if I was too darn busy looking for the next age to notice. :lol:

9. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Well DH aint sure I would want to be 21 againg means I would still be married to my first wife lol and I wouldnt wish that on anyone. :big_smile: But I wouldnt mind being in my later 30's to early 40's again that would be right nice.

10. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I'm 21 now and loving life. Sure it would be nice to have a decent job and better income, but I've got everything else I could ask for right now. I'm in no hurry to get any older.

11. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    Lol that's a great thread, I still got a while to go, i'm still 17, gonna take one day at a time.

12. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    my son will turn 16 this summer and he missed getting his name on the list for drivers ed dureing summer break by 2 names.
    they say that its very hard to get on the list cause so many students sign up and they werent foolin.
    anyhow he is disappointed to say the least.
    i try to tell him that he would have one of us old farts with him anyway when he gets his permit (wife or I) - (shes an older fart than me!!!:lol: ).
    but it still was not very much comfort . i dont want him to drive till hes 18:embarassed: cause of insuranse rates but that aint fair to him and i wont tell him that.
    when we go to a certain couple of lakes i let him drive the back roads in and out of the parks and he always trailers our boat into and out of the water so that helps ease his pain a bit LOL

like i said its human nature to want to be something more than what we are. i want to catch more and bigger catfish:roll_eyes:

13. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    One of my biggest things was not worrying about getting married when I was growing up one day when I was 24 I sit there in the car talking to my Sargent and he looked at me and said hey when are you planing on getting married, I told him what the heck are you talking about I got my hole life yet ! He looked at me and started to laugh and said your 24 right, I said yep and he said just think if you get married tomorrow and you have one kid within 2 years, how old will you be when he turns 21 and I said 47, he said well don't you want more then one kid, I told him sure he said well we are now looking at 50 when your oldest would hit 21. So I went home that night thinking when I hit 50 I want to make sure there is not kids still in my house..LMAO I wanted to retire at 50 so I should not be raising kids then. They should be coming home and taking me fishing..lol

I got married in 8 Months from then..LOL :cool2: :lol: :cool2:

14. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    When I was a little younger I always wondered if I'd find somebody to marry at a decent age, but I'mm looking pretty good for that too. I've had a great girlfriend for almsot a year and a half now. She fishes with me too!

15. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    eric thats what i like a man with a plan.
    my oldest has a little brother cause of planning :eek:oooh: LOL

cost me a few weeks of less than serine life around the house :crazy: but
    i had to take one for the team...my oldest son needed a sibling and now
    they fight like brothers oh............. i guess thats normal.LOL