Growing Excitement

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by whisker maniac, May 12, 2008.

1. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    I have met some really great folks since joining the BOC. They all have been really helpful. The eagerness to help and share their knowledge of the sport they love is phenominal.

I am primarily a trotline fisherman but love to fish any style and love to learn new techniques.

I have been invited by a few of the friends I have met here to come and go fish with them. This wkend I will finally get the chance to do just that. I will be traveling across the state this friday to join up with a couple of members to go and fish with rod and reel and learn from them. I am really lookin forward to it and am getting excited already and can't wait to go.

This is what the BOC is all about. Sharing and finding new ways to fish. Learning and teaching others. Finding and forming a lasting bond with other catfish enthuisists.

I'll share pics of the trip when I get back. Wish me luck.

2. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    good luck on your trip hope you catch a biggun:big_smile:

3. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Kevin I totally understand the way you feel. I too have had the pleasure to meet and fish with other BoC members and enjoyed their company to the fullest. Catching fish or not the conversations are well worth the trip.

You guys enjoy yourselves and we are all looking forward to your stories and pic's.

-Jim-

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I'll guarentee you will have a ball with one of them,I cant say about the other but I bet they'll show ya a great time and get you on a big blue.

5. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Brother Kevin, on March 17 of this year, I and another brother (jim), whom I had never met in person, hired us a guide on the James River (Capt. Hughs) and we had about as good a trip as you could wish for. It was like jim and myself had known each other for quite some time. Enjoy yourself, we did. Mac

6. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Thanks everyone. I have already met the folks that I am going to go fish with two wks ago at the De Gray gathering. We all had a ball then so I know this will just be more of the same. Can't wait to get there and have a blast.

7. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Be safe and have a good time, it's always fun to learn something new.

8. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    you sure you don't need me to come along just as s spectator, lol maybe they will make you put away that trot line for good. good luck and be safe

9. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    To this day, I still never ran a trotline. I want that to change of course! Have fun on your trip and enjoy the fellowship!