Grounded to the house

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by 1sporticus, Jan 12, 2007.

1. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    We here we are the first storm of 2007, and it's an ice storm, and I'm stuck in the house again. I'm just not very good with crutches on ice, you would think the extra legs would help, but they don't.LOL Last time I broke 4 bones in my good foot, so the wife and kids keep me house bound. Anybody else want to join in for a whining session?
    Later Andy

2. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Sorry to hear that. Look on the bright side you have the BOC to keep you busy. Just think how fast time will fly now. :big_smile:

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    sorry to hear of your injury but look on the bright side you dont have to be out in it playing dodge-car

4. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Sorry about your foot but i wish that we would have a good snow/ice storm here pretty soon. Im ready for winter.

Wheelmobile07

5. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Well, I'm with your wife... glad you're home safe and sound :lol:

Have fun posting and stay warm!

6. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    We here in Okla. City are iced in as well. we'll drink coffee,eat cookies and post on the BOC. Hope your foot heals fast. Stay warm and safe.

Flint

7. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Stop that whinin' now Andy, your family is right :big_smile:! I don't wanna go anywhere in an ice storm if I don't have to, even when I have full body mobility. I kinda agree with Trey about this area of the east coast though, I'm ready to see a little bit of winter come along......preferably SNOW, ice is for the birds (and I try to keep the feeders full for 'em too :smile2:). But if you really feel like havin' a pity party I can help you out with that. It's gonna be 70 degrees here on Sunday, and only partly cloudy, so I'm plannin' on goin' fishin' :wink:.

8. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    Andy,
    All you can do is make good use of the time you have on your hands.
    1. Plan your next fishin trip.
    2. Rearange your tackel box.
    3. Clean all your rods and reels.
    4. Get out your fshing maps and study them.
    5. Talk on the BOC.
    6. Read a book (Maybe a fishin book?).
    7.Watch some shows on t.v.( Fishin with Roland Martain?).
    8. Make a list of things you want to do when things thaw out (fish, eat,sleep, and then repete).
    9. Play games with the kids or Grand kids in my case.
    My wife says that I am self entertining.....Ummmh..
    I wonder where she gets that from???

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I agree with Angelkitty. What else do you need for a couple of days? You have your family and the extended family,BOC. Enjoy:big_smile_2: :still_dreaming: :0a30: :0a18: :0a26:

10. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

I know the feeling. I just went out to the gas station to get a few little things before the "big" ice comes. The salt trucks are going by trying to keep ahead of the fun. I just hope it's not a fun night in the ambulance.

Ray

11. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Yep I know how you feel about being grounded but I Think I'd rather be grounded in the house than laying in a hospital or worse. I hate Winter!!

12. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I feel for you. It's a pain to be laid up. However my Dad always told me, "When you think you're having a bad day or that the world is against you, walk through a cemetery. You'll find that your day really isn't so bad!"
    I guess that came to mind because my wife's car crapped out today, and I'm about to leave for Altavista for a wake. One of my best friends and a great musician passed away while giving a guitar lesson Tuesday evening. His funeral is tomorrow. I guess my day is going pretty well, considering!

13. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    All good advice, it's still sleeting around here. I've been listening to the scanner and there are lots of wrecks and cars in the ditches. School let out early. I guess the best thing is the wife, and the boy are home safe and sound.
    Amen for that. Later Andy

14. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    we already had 2 of those storms and they knocked out pwer for about 45000 people. good luck to you brother

15. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Thanks everyone for the pickmeup good cheer, I love this Family. Later Andy