Ground Hog Day

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catsrking, Feb 1, 2007.

1. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Happy Ground Hog Day everyone! Yes, it is that time of year again. Will it be 6 more weeks of winter or only 6 weeks until spring. Only the shadow knows. Tomorrow will tell... :big_smile:

2. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    If anyone sees that daggone groundhog shot it before it gets a chance to see it's shadow.:roll_eyes: Hopefully he doesn't but don't think it really makes a whole lot of difference.What ever the good Lord wants to give us is what we'll get.Early Spring or extended Winter.

3. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I don't believe in the groundhogs shadow, I go by my beard. If I shave it off on groundhog day there will be six more weeks of winter. I never fail to shave on the second! lol :cross:

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY

My thoughts exactly! LOL!

5. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I see it's s'posed to be a full moon tomorrow, too! Sounds like an interesting day all around. As for us, we're snowed in today with just a few inches but more on the way... schools are closed and roads are slick.
    Most wintry stuff we've had in my 6 years here in Oklahoma!
    Hope everyone is well and warm :smile2:

6. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Y'all be careful over there. Haven't heard if we have any more snow on the way here, but it's cold right now & is only going to get colder through the weekend.

7. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Some people love the movie, but I always thought it was stupid :crazy:....it seems to have quite a cult following though.

It's my first cousin's birthday.
    It's TDawg's birthday.
    Anybody else? :smile2:

Sorry guys, but if I believed he really has anything to do with what the weather will be like, I would say I HOPE he SEES his shadow :big_smile:. I'd like to have some of that pretty white stuff fall and amount to somethin' here in the foothills of NC!

8. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    Don't take much stock in groundhog day...but in 2 more pention checks
    and it will be fishing time.

9. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Shoot we go by Doc. If he shows up at he Cumberland River. It will be snow and cold. And 6 more weeks of BAD weather.
    There calling for snow here tomorrow. so we need to shoot the groundhog and keep Doc at home.:cool2:
    Pete

10. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    ok heres a twist on the GH here we go with the prarie dog and dependin on what time it looked out of the hole today we had heavy clouds and afternoon sunshine go figure!

11. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Well the weather people are calling for a couple more inches of snow here tonight. That should put about 5 inches on the ground. Think I'm gonna grab the old .22 and go chase up some rabbits. Might just get lucky and find a groundhog too.

12. BigCatDreaming

BigCatDreaming New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Tomorrows my dads birthday actually. So I just go with if hes in a good or a bad mood. Good Mood, spring soon. Bad mood, Rivers stay frozen and catfish dont bite :sad2:

13. Krieger

Krieger New Member

State:
    IL
    That shadow better say thers 6 more weeks till spring or else! because i want to do some more fishing!

14. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I'm just hoping they get all the festivities over with in Punxsutawney by Saturday morning cause I will be rolling through town to go ice fishing at Chloe Lake which is on the outskirts of Punxsutawney:eek:oooh: :crazy: :big_smile: !

15. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    No shadow for the Fat Hairy Guy this year. Six more weeks of winter I guess. :angry:

16. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Nah, if he DOESN'T see his shadow (which he didn't, I checked with the Punxsatawney Groundhog Club :smile2:), THAT is supposed to mean an early spring is comin'. So for anyone who is wishin' for some warmer weather sooner rather than later, you may be in luck :wink:.

17. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I usually go the "party" in punxy but not this year. Dont feel like driving in that mess to see a bunch of guys and gals in diapers pushing each other around in wheel-barrows... I guess you have to be there, huh? LOL
    They have these little games that are sort of traditional in the area.
    :embarassed: :confused2:

18. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, North Carol
    im glad that spring is on its way because in NC the snow doesnt amount to anything like im used to (MO weather). If they even talk about snow then everything shuts down its crazy, but warmer weather means spawning meaning fishing getting better and im all for that.

19. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Ah ha! Caught me givin' bad info. I stand corrected CG. :confused2:

Early spring works for me, 'cause the temp & windchills here right now are just plain cold.

20. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Tanya for the update. Spring is what we ordered. The sooner the better.:smile2: