Ground blinds... which one?

Discussion in 'Hunting Gear Talk' started by Believer, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I have a doghouse blind & used to have an outhouse.
    The Doghouse is fine for me; I only wish the entire window was shoot through mess rather than just the little porthole.
    But my main problem with it is when I take my wife or one of my sons, it gets really cramped.

I need a bigger blind. I really would like to try a hub style blind like the Intimidator (it's awesome!) but no bigger than the doghouse.
    I'm begining to think my best option is the Penthouse blind. That thing is HUGE!

Long story short, I need a big blind (2 people) with maximum viewing area. What do you suggest?

Thanks!

Eric

2. stinkbaitman

stinkbaitman New Member

State:
    south dakota
    get a double bull 360 for best quality but they are spendy. if you need something cheaper get an ameristep.

3. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Thanks for the reply!

I posted this same question on another forum that I frequent and so far the only responses i've received were recommendations for double bull.

I'm curious, what makes these blinds better than any of the ameristep blinds? The cost is twice as much and frankly the camo is butt ugly.

4. stinkbaitman

stinkbaitman New Member

State:
    south dakota
    the camo outside is actually glare resistant and the window is adjustable size and has shoot through netting. the inside is pretty spacy too and its just high quality meterials. but i probably would just buy a cheaper one too cause there still pretty good.

5. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
  6. derail

derail New Member

State:
    kansas
    I've been using the same pop-up model from Dick's now for about 5 years. Bagged half a dozen or so whitetails with it. Think I only spent about 75 bucks on it then.

7. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    excatly what he said.