Ground blind - bowhunting

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by on_the_fly, Sep 5, 2007.

1. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I bought an ameristep grizzly G-30 ground blind yesterday that thing is great.it takes about 4 mins to set it up by myself and less than a min to take it down. I'm a big guy and three people my size could gun hut out of it or two with bows.

Attached Files:

2. Big B

Big B New Member

State:
    North Texas
    I bought an ameristep last year. I bought the big pop up blind.It has shoot throuhg screens. You toss it in the air to open it and stake it down. I bought it through The Sportsmans Guide for less than $50. They have it lister as a guide series magnum pop up. It fits 2 hunters and is big enough to bowhunt in. My buddy bought the smaller pop up and he had to leave the rear door open so he could draw his bow.

3. BassCat

BassCat New Member

State:
    NC
    Ameristep is good stuff, i have one thats been set up in the woods, beside a field for about 3.5 years now. it is starting to deteriorate a lil, mainly around the zipper. but should get several more years out if it.
    Mike

4. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I've been looking for a blind. I'm not sure which one would be best for bow hunting. I'm 6'3" and need something with some room in it.

5. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I have an ameristep doghouse. Haven't killed anything out of it yet, but maybe this year. My wife is planning to bow hunt this year for the first time and i'm planning to put her in it rather than up in a stand.

Eric

6. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    I have an ameristep outhouse, not for bow hunting but it works well for everything else. Im thinking about the doghouse for bowhunting eventually.

7. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Wow. You're putting your wife in the doghouse? I see things work different in your house than mine!

8. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    You just have to put your foot down! :roll_eyes:

9. flathead willie

State:
    Virginia
    Before you put your foot down, be careful that you're not stepping in deep sh#$. LOL

10. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Amen brother, you got that right!

11. flathead willie

State:
    Virginia
    I just ordered the API Terra XT blind from Bass Pro with the 3D camo, stool, and all that stuff. Just my luck! I got an email this morning that said it is Back Ordered. Our bow season starts this Saturday and I finally talked my wife into going hunting with me to do some video.....if I hunt from a blind instead of a tree. I hate it when stores advertise stuff they don't have in stock.