Griz's Father-in-Law in Illinois

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by griz, Jan 29, 2008.

1. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    This is Griz's wife-Tammy...I wanted to post with a prayer request for my family.

On January 17th my Dad- Dan Lovin- was diagnosed with a form of cancer known as Malignant Fibrous Histiocytoma. My Dad is an Illinois State Chapter Fraternal Order of Police Chaplain. I enclose a website here that shows the association more succinctly.

http://www.ilfop.org/chaplains contact info.htm

He is also involved with a first responder task force...the name eludes me, but where-ever there is a crisis- be it hurricane, bombing or such--I know he will call and say "Tam, wanted to let you know..." I have always been proud of our nations law enforcement, firefighters, branches of military and all others who serve so that others have freedom from fear, oppression, relief from disaster or trauma. I am blessed to count my Dad among those who serve. When 9/11 occured, many of us wished there was a way we could help and to be a part of the assistance in NYC, Washington DC or a field in PA. Well when planes were grounded, my Dad was on a plane bound for NYC. He served there amongst officers and fire-fighters and EMT's and sadness and death. My heart swells from imagining what he must have witnessed there.

Dad, Mom and many members of my family are gathering in St. Louis on Wednesday (tomorrow) at 10:00am for an appointment with an oncologist by the name of Douglas J. McDonald, M.D. If you google his name, his website is the first link. I have gone to his website and prayed that he either be the one who can treat my Dad or know someone who can. Please add him to your prayers.

I dont know how to express completely what I am feeling. I have been doing what I call "5 steps" about every 5 steps I am either objective and focused or I am crying and struggling with the difficult emotions. I believe that everything happens for a reason, even though we might not be able to understand it at that time. But everything fits into a master plan. I have had both peace and pain from this experience. My Dad is a pillar of my foundation--not the only one...but a necessary pillar. It hurts me immensely to think of losing him.

My request is that a prayer warrier chain be constructed for my Dad and my family. I thank you in advance and especially for the family unit that the BOC has been in so many ways to both Griz and myself.

2. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Dan and all family members will be in our thoughts and prayers.

3. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    prayers from Texas, I know it's hard, we lost my mom this time last year to cancer.Wish i could say it will get better, but u just have to cope as best u can, and enjoy him as much as possible while he's here....I don't know how else to say it either..sorry!!!!

4. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    My thoughts and prayers are with you ,Griz, and your family. Your father sounds like a great man! May god bless you and your family.

5. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Tammy,

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. He sounds like a very special person, as are you; it's apparent that he has been a big influence in your life.

I will be praying for your dad and mom, the doctors, you and Griz, and the rest of the family and friends who are/will be affected by this news and what's to come regarding treatment.

Hang in there sis, we love you.

T

6. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Tammy,
    I am so sorry to hear this news.

However please remember our God is awesome! As you said we don't know the reasons for things that happen but one thing we can rest assured about is the fact that its in God's plan and your dad's path that this was to be and there will be good that comes from it.

You know my thoughts and prayers are right there with all the rest for your dad, the doctor's involved and all the family and friends this will touch.

Call me anytime whether it be to talk, to cry, to get through anger or sadness or to shout in joy when things turn around.

Love ya sis.

7. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    I can relate to how your feeling I lost 2 sisters from this awful disease. Cancer hits everyone it seems. Even the good people on this earth.And he sounds like he is one great man.Hopefully he will do ok through all this.We will keep you all in our thoughts and Prayers.

8. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Tammy, Prayers being sent from Mid Tennessee.smokey

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I would like to join the BOC family in sending prayers, for your family. Griz keep the faith. He still hears and answers prayers.

10. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Prayers sent from Illinois.

11. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family,Griz. Your father sounds like a great man! May god bless you and your family.

May these prayers be answered and wounds be healed...Just know we are holding him close to our heart right now along with you and your family...

God Bless you my friend and My prayers are sent,

12. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family,,sorry friend.

13. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    Prayer sent from my faimly for yours

14. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    sorry to hear prayers sent from so. in.

15. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Prayers on the way from Iowa.God Bless J.D.

16. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Prayers are sent, very sorry to hear about the cancer.

17. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Tammy,

Fear not! Prayers are being sent from Oklahoma. Just remember that OUR GOD is an AWESOME GOD and he is STILL in the HEALING business!

18. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Prayers sent from KY!!!

19. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Prayers sent from Indiana.

20. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    Tammy, I am so sad to hear the news of your dad. We are joining with others and believing God for a touch in his life. We're praying for strength for you and your family through this stressful time.