Griz lands monster flathead!

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by john catfish young, May 7, 2008.

1. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    What a night on the Lake!At 2:00pm We began to arive at the Lake of energy and started to catch the nights bait supply. The bluegills and skipjacks were plentiful and we soon had enough to fish all night. Poles were launched out as the sun began to sink over the horizon and we settled in for a night of serious Flathead fishing. Anticipation was high as the sound of Monster fish could be heard all over the Lake. Around 9:00pm we lit the grill and enjoyed some fine food of Cheeseburgers.....smoked sausages.....Home-made garlic sausages and some Boudan sausage. We were joined by our good friend and BOC member ( Oh no ) and ( Bo the wonder dog ) from the shores of Lake Michigan. We shared stories and time. It was a good night. Somewhere around 1:00 am we began to dose off and catch up on a little rest. In the Pre-dawn hours....sometime around 5:00 am ....the all too familiar wake-up call came in.... ........Griz has got one on! With his rod doubled over and the sound of drag peeling off and a handful of Red-tails looking on......and with the video camera rolling, He stood on the bank and did battle with a Monster Flathead. The fight took about 15 minutes and then the fish was netted....pictures was taken.....and then he was quickly weighed at 45.3 lbs. The fish was then quickly released to live and fight another night. Several other runs we had, but no other big fish were taken. The channel cats were biting and we caught a few of them too....... While Griz has caught larger fish....this one certainly gave him one heck of a fight. We will have pictures posted in a few days and a video of our tuesday night redtails adventures at the end of the Flathead season, sometime in November. So if you see Griz , congratulate him on a fine catch! Way to go Griz!:crazy:

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I'll only see his picture but I'll congratulate that. LOL! Great story! THANX!

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Congrats on a Great Flattie Griz!!!!!:wink::big_smile:

4. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Griz,

Congrats on a great fish. I guess we're gonna have to come camping over there one day. Way to go and I hope to see more soon!

5. lilgriz

lilgriz New Member

State:
    Aurora, KY
    Pop had a run for his money fighting this fish. I've seen 50-60 pound flathead not fight near as hard as that 45# did last night. It was amazing! Pop would get a few feet on him, and the fish would take a few YARDS back! It went on like that for what seemed like hours, though it was meerly minutes.........I was wore out just watching the Ol'Man...:smile2:

6. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    Good job on the flathead Griz. I need to make it down to Energy Lake in the near future and battle them flats with you guys!!!

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like an excellent fish. congrats

8. Kittycatcher

Kittycatcher New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Te
    :eek:oooh:Yep, I guess we need to come over there and caught one of them big flatheads here in the near future.:wink:

9. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Thanks for the story and congrats to Griz on a great flathead!

10. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    congrats griz. cant wait to see the pics. thats something im still waiting on. way to go.:big_smile:

11. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Congrats Griz nice fish !!! :cool2:

12. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Congrats on the big flattie Griz!!!!wtg

13. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
  14. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    thx for the story and WTG grizz!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Good for you Griz. Looking forward to the pictures. Here's wishing you and the guys many more...W

16. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    WTG Griz. Great fish. Looking forward to viewing the pics.

17. radish

radish Member

State:
    ms
    Very good story. Congrats Griz on that great fish.

18. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    Thanks, The pictures are going to have to wait till oh no gets back home. He was the only one there with a still camera.

19. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Griz congrats on landing your monster Flathead.

20. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Congratulations GRIZ,Ya Done GOOD Sir. J.D.:wink: