Griping on the board

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by dafin, Feb 22, 2006.

1. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    It is time for all members to pull together to keep the BOC strong. We joined to be able to meet and talk with people that have the same love of cat fishing
    I have been a member almost 4years, in that time I have made many friends all over the country. After you go to your first gathering you will have a new prospective of what the BOC is all about. It truly is a family.
    In the time I have been a member I have seem many gripes on the board most about nothing. I would say it is not good to air the concerns on the open board. I have done so and will try not to again. If any of us have a problem with something we don’t like a trouble ticket is the way to handle it.
    From now on I will keep my gripes privet, and hope others will do the same

2. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Dale,

Excellent post. One thing a lot of us tend to forget, is that when we post, we are doing so in public. Just as if we were a newscaster or talkshow host on TV. People will read what we type, and we need to portray ourselves to the best of our ability as Avid Sportsmen. If we have a gripe or complaint. Don't yell about it on air, take it to private or open a trouble ticket.

3. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    There is nothing like an in-person meeting of a few of the folks we talk to every day here.

And although this place is a lot like a blog in some respects, as a lot of people post on everything from fishing to guns to the craziest news stories of the day, this is a brotherhood before anything else. There ought not be any animosity anywhere... in here or even in high intensity, between any of us. This isnt the place for it.

Good post brother.

And troubles with the BOC dont belong with anyone but the person with the problem and the mods. It makes no difference what the rest of the BOC thinks- this aint a bandwagon. Take it to the folks who can help you.

rep for that!

Sal

4. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    I agree 100%! Good post!

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Great post Dale, I think we are all guilty of it one time or another. The BOC is a great place to share stories and friendship. But, we need to use a trouble ticket whenever we have issues.

6. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    Dale, I don't like the way you brought this out in public:0a10:
    You could have PMed me, you know:D

Good post my friend. I know I sometimes don't stop to think who is reading before I post. I too, will try to be more aware of that in the future.

7. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Very good post Dale. You the man!!

8. ksutroubleii

ksutroubleii New Member

State:
    New Philadelphia, OH
    Great post. I couldn't agree more.

9. stickthrower

stickthrower New Member

State:
    Possum Kingdom Lk, TX
    Exellent post! You da man!:)

Frank

10. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Dafin, good post, good point.

11. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Great post Dale! Rep points for that one. Thanks for verbalizing what many were thinking.
    :0a31:

12. truck

truck New Member

State:
    williamsburg ohio
    Good post!!!!;)

13. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    Great post Dale. Couldn't agree more brother!

14. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Great post buddy, we agree 100%.:thumbsup:

15. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Jeez I hate being old but I am confused.Are we speaking of griping ABOUT the BOC or Griping in general ON the BOC.I have to tell you sometimes I am convinced its Bitchers Or Complainers,& Brotherhood Of Crybabies not Brotherhood Of Catfishermen.:mad: If there is a BOC specific problem only the staff can help and they are so fast to try and make things better I am afraid to make any comments lest the color change before my eyes.If you are unhappy with life in general why bring it here?I am underwhelmed by the group of conspiracy theorist on here that think Sam Walton is really Leonid Brehznev in disguise,and last week I think the rant about the 2.19$ bag of substandard topsoil was beyond belief.I would much rather learn to tie a good fishing knot from you as opposed to watching you tie yourself in knots right here in public.Lets get back to our basic premise which is fishing,and let homeland security worry about the Walmart threat to the free world.Happy thoughts and good fishing.:) :) :) :)

16. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Good post Dale, I agree.:)

17. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Very true Dale!

I try to always use a Trouble Ticket but probably sometimes I haven't.

Jim,

I think Dale is talking about people posting a gripe about the forum instead of sending in a Trouble Ticket to the Staff.
    Or that's the way I understood him.

18. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    great post and good point

19. catman872

catman872 Member

State:
    missouri

Whats wrong with a good debate? I think the sam walton jab was at me and now im offended!!!!lol jk
    I love this site and it has a ton of great people on it but you get this many people and your going to have diffrent views on things,thats just the way it is. As long as people can disagree in an adult manner whats the big deal?
    I dont have a prob with anyone bitching about anything i have to say, if fact i welcome it and after we are done debating we can get out on the river togeather and chase the big ones,ill buy the beer:)

ps jim stop bitching about the bitchers lol

20. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Dayton,thanks :) thats what I thought the gripe thread meant,appreciate answering my question.872 wasn't pointing at you my friend but Walmart bashing has become a growth industry on here and there is a simple solution "You don't like it ,dont shop there".:sad: :)PS just noted your ps, GOOD ONE!!!!!