grind me a chum line

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ncfowler, May 9, 2009.

1. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    Over the last few years i was looking at a old meat grinder i had laying around. I use it to make chum, after making chum i need to freeze it or put in the refrigerator, I wanted to try to mount on the boat and have it easily remove. My boat has a rail system, i used a piece of 1/4 angle aluminum,then ground off the clamp of the grinder, and drilled and tapped the angle and drilled the base of the grinder, then i drilled mounting holes to receive the rail bolts( using the rail system will allow me to move around,) i used wing nuts so the grinder can be removed, now i can make my chum on the water, this also will allow me to make a chum line, i also keep a small bucket on the boat to wash out the grinder when it gets clogged up with bones and scales, back grinding will clear the plate, i also use the plate with the largest holes, Why do you ask, this will do several things first it will make a sent trail in moving water or dirfting on lakes, also it will attract smaller bait fish. I have chum bags as well that i will weight down and drag.

Attached Files:

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jeff thanks for sharing a neat idea. Reps.

3. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    just wanted to pump up this thread

4. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    great idea jeff.i got an old grinder myself and i think im gonna put it on my boat to chum for sharks this summer.thanks again for the idea.

5. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Yonder in Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    Lots of sharks in Arkansas?