Grim Reminder

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Wabash River Bear, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    A friend of mine from work lost his wife Saturday. She was driving to see some relation Saturday morning and got caught in a rain storm, she hydroplaned into the path of a 2-1/2 ton delivery truck, killing her. The driver of the delivery truck is listed in critical condition.

My friend, who had a bad time with a past marriage, and then alchohol, finally got in the right frame of mind, and met a woman that made him happy, they married last August and bought their dream home. Saturday, at work, he was called away to find out his life is shattered.

When I hear things like this, especially as close as this is, it stikes home. After hearing this news this morning, the first thing I did was to call my wife and tell her the news,,,,and to tell her I love her. This is a grim reminder of how fast our lives can change and how nothing should be taken for granted. You can never tell when the last thing you say before you leave, may very well be the last words you say to that person again. I try to make it a habit to tell my family I love them everyday before I leave, but sometimes I'm rushed or in a bad mood and it doesnt get said. I wont forget for a long time to come. Brothers and sisters, I suggest you do the same.

2. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    To bad something like this has to happen to remind us.
    Prayers sent to him and his family.

3. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    i agree 100% and prayers to your friend and family

4. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    prayers to your friends family

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Barry were sorry to hear of the loss of your friends wife. You offered some sobering advice and I agree with you. None of us has the promise of tomorrow. Prayers for the family.

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Sorry to hear this Barry. Like Mick said, there is no promise of tomorrow. We also lost a good friend this weekend. Very close to Cherie and was only 51. I've dwelled on this every since my phone rang yesterday. I'm bad, way bad to take things for granted.

7. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Very good advise. I agree totally!

8. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I just hate to hear news like that. My prayers go out to your friend and his family. And my prayers also go out to you. He is probably going to need a friend to get him through this. Andrew

9. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    How true this is, sorry for your ,an your freinds loss ,prayers sent from N.C. this is like the thread i started a few months ago [something to think about ] always take a second an tell the ones you love an care about, how u feel about them,that might be your last chance

10. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    damn Barry thats aweful! man my heart goes out brother. can u imagine the torment this guy must be in right now, being a drinker and all.{oh father intervine in this mans life lord, may he fall to you lord in this time of grief.} when u hear of such things, one does feel the need to call loved ones to confirm iloveyou's. .....prayers from Louisiana.

11. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Barry, so very sorry to hear of your loss, as well as yours, too CountryHart. We're all bad about assuming there will always be another chance, another time, another day.
    Prayers sent from Louisiana that God will comfort you, & any others on here who are in need.

12. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Sad news, sorry to hear of these. You brought up good points and also some of the responses.

13. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'm sorry for the loss of your friend Barry... my heart goes out to him suffering such an unimaginable loss. Thankyou for this thread.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2009