grim reaper broadheads

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by jason21b, Aug 1, 2008.

1. jason21b

jason21b New Member

State:
    tennessee
    i was thinking of changing to grim reaper broadheads this yr anyone have any experience with them

2. Johny Buck

Johny Buck New Member

State:
    virginia
    I have had great performance from them coupled with a well placed arrow.:0a26:

3. derail

derail New Member

State:
    kansas
    I hadn't heard of 'em. But they have a cool name. Let us know how they work out.

4. mrowe84

mrowe84 New Member

State:
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    The only real problem i had with them was the blades getting bumped open while walking through the woods. Switched to rage and had better luck, but i always liked the grim reapers. They shoot same zero as a field tip.

5. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i know everyone like all the new stuff, but after using several mecnanical ones i am back to bear super razors and i used the magnus 4 blade last year and they worked real well. they are easy to sharpen and cut real good. if you find one that shoots good in your bow and you have confidence in is the most important along with good shot placement. any broadhead is good if the shot is perfect.

6. ga2oh

ga2oh New Member

State:
    ohio
    I personally haven't tried them, but I recived a dvd about them. It showed them doing extremely well agianist rages.

7. stinkbaitman

stinkbaitman New Member

State:
    south dakota
    they look pretty good but i think we should remember that this doesnt mean that we can get sloppy about shot placement

8. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I've killed 2 deer with them, both did not go far at all and they do shoot accurate. I have since switched back to muzzy 4 blades though... i just can't get 100% confidence in expandables...:confused2:

9. jason21b

jason21b New Member

State:
    tennessee
    thank you guys for all the info in helping me make my choice