grilling corn on the cob

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by slabmaster, Jul 17, 2008.

1. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    this will probably move to dinner but oh well. i bought a bushel of sweet corn and want to grill a few ears on the bbq grill. never done it! need advice. thanks.

2. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    I always butter em up real good and wrap them in tin foil.Toss em on the grill for a bit till they are done.

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Or, you can pull the husk down, remove the silk and butter em and pull the husk back up and toss em on the grill. It's good either way and usually don't take but 20 minutes or so to cook.

4. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    this is what i was hopeing for . thanks John.

5. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Try soaking the corn husks and all in water for 1/2 hr. throw it on the coals for 10 min. peel husks,and use them for a handle, dip in butter add salt and go to town!! ummmm good
    smokey

6. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Ya gotta do like Joe said. Do not, and I mean do not! peal the husks down and pull the silk off. Leave it on, it will all come off when you husk the cooked ear. Listen, the flavor is out of this world! I don't know why I have spent so many years husking and boiling corn? And don't say worms. I'm not sacred of them any more........ :crazy::embarassed::roll_eyes::big_smile::smile2:

7. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Joe is right about soaking it, i forgot that part. I still silk mine first however.

8. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I am a big fan either way, I love me some corn of the cob!

9. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    the method i learned from none other than playboys how to's.

like smokey said. drop them in water for 1/2 hr or so. dip an old towel in water. shake but dont wring it. place the corn over coals on rack and lay towel over them. turn and re soak towel every 15 min till husks are black.

the kernals inside should be checked once in a while by peeling down just enough to peek. kernals should get a slight brownish on tips. they almost carmelize making butter an option.:wink:

ill be back grills warming up.:wink:

10. CATFISHING1

CATFISHING1 New Member

State:
    MO.
    on the 3rd of july i smoked 4 briskets and 48 ears of corn. COUNTRYHEART helped on the corn, shuck it back remove the silk soak it in tub owater for aboat an hour then cook for about 30 to 45 mins. yum yum

11. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    DAMN THAT MAKES ME HUNGRY! I can't help but say I've used all but the playboy method and am itching to try it.

12. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK

the first step is to come and pick me and my bottle of merlot up and i will give you personal instruction on grilling corn. it isn't hard, but we may have to have a little fried corn to go along with it - you are having catfish i assume?:wink:

13. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You surprize me Phil, every one knows grilled corn on the cob goes better with Mad Dog 20/20 ..:crazy::eek:oooh::wink:

14. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
  15. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    Obtain your roasting ears.
    Complete your main grilling (meat)
    Place your ears on the grill on low heat. Close lid check every 5 to 10 minutes.

Shuck husk, The silk will come off very easy. Butter, salt and pepper to taste.

yum, yum.:wink:

16. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I agree with all of you. You have succeed in making me hungry. Now I have to go and look for a corn patch. It all your faults.

17. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I just soak in water husks on butter later grill temp varys cook time about 15/20 min then butter and salt . but thats just my way of doing things:wink:

18. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Got to agree with ya, Mickey. I have grown & tried dozens of types of corn. I have found one very true fact. The best tastin corn is stolen corn.:wink:

19. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    lol!:smile2:

20. OhioRiverCatfisher

OhioRiverCatfisher New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I did catered pig roasts for people in the past and corn was one of the sides. I did mine by removing the silk and all leaves except for one layer. You will see the corn in some spots. Soak the ears in water for about a half hour and then grill for about 20mins turning the ears about every 5 to 8mins. Some of the grill marks will be on the corn and it looks very nice. Add butter and salt and your ready to munch. Enjoy!!! Flavored butter is good too...Use garlic and you can chum with the leftovers...if there are any :haha:

Attached Files: