Grilled squash

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by 223reload, Jul 5, 2007.

1. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thought I'd share my way of cooking squash, we've used both summer squash and zuccini .

split squash longwise
    place on grill for about 15-20 min.
    turn over ,cut diagonal slices about 1" apart along the length of said veggie
    place liberal amount of butter or margarine on slab then sprinkle on as much garlic powder as you like.
    cook for another 20-30 min. and salt n pepper to taste .... enjoy

2. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    For my money the best way is grilled after marinating with good old Italian salad dressing and generously basted with same while cooking. In the old days my Grandma would wrap slices in flower and pan fry. Then I had my first bread made out of it. I used Zucchini slices in place of noodles in lasagna and it works very well, but as I get older the grilled is the best! :wink:

3. Smuggo

Smuggo New Member

State:
    sc
    Squash is great fried. Cut 1/4 inch slices, salt lightly to pull some moisture out, dredge in cornmeal and fry untill golden brown...good eats

4. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    we are havin squash tonite also. normally i fry it but we are tryin to cut down on the cholesterol stuff here so this is what i do.

slice squash (or any other veggie for that matter) into thick slices
    take 2 plastic bags without holes in the bottom and double layer them.
    place slices into the bag
    add 2-3 TBSP Canola oil for coating purposes
    shake as much Mrs. Dash seasonings as you want onto it (depending on how much veggies you have)
    add bout half cup parmesean cheese
    twist bag top to trap in air and shake to coat well.
    line roasting pan with foil and spray with nonstick canola spray (you maynot need this but i do it anyway)
    pour in veggies, cover with sprayed foil and bake in oven on 400* until veggies are tender
    Uncover, and broil to brown them when they get done.

sometimes like tonite, i add small new potatoes, onion, and bell peppers. There are so many different flavors of Mrs. Dash and it is low sodium or sodium free. Its mainly up to you which you choose on that one.

5. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Well you all done made me hungry. Im gonna have to try these out as soon as my squash comes in. Its gonna be hard beating grandmas lightly breaded and lightly fried squash on cast iron but Im willing to try.

6. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    i do em on the grill the same way, love it:boss:

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Yummmy, sounds good.

I cook squash alot on the grill. I cut em in about 1/4" pieces, put some fat free butter on em and throw some TSS on em. Nothing like it!!