Grilled Jalapeno poppers

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by 223reload, May 11, 2008.

1. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Countryhart requested this recipe ,I cant remember if I have shared it before so I'll post it again for anyone who wants to try it.

Jalapeno poppers [grilled]
    6 large peppers,split lengthwise,seeded and cored[leave stem on]

about 1/2 lb of your favorite hard cheese,we use colby or monterrey jack,shredded

6 thick slices of your favorite bacon,we use thick cut,cut each in half

put a heaping amount of cheese on each pepper wrap with a half slice of bacon,you may need a toothpic to hold the bacon in place. Place on the grill on med heat for about 20 min or so ,watch to see bacon is done and enjoy.

2. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    i do the same thing but put them in the oven till bacon gets crispy and i use cream cheese or mexican cheese called (queso fresco) i love them but the next day is killer after ieat a dozen or two

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Thanks Richard, appreciate it. I got em in the dirt growin, but it's gonna be awhile. I'll post or get Cher to anyway, a recipe for stuffed bell peppers. Just had some Friday nite.

4. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I gotta try that recipe, probably this week. Thanks Richard.

5. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Sounds good, I'll try it soon. I can probably only eat a couple though or my stomach will go on strike...:smile2:

6. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Thanks Richard, i'll give that a try:cool2:.

7. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    My recipe is just a little different.
    1. Cook hot sausage, crumbling it into very small pieces while cooking.
    2. Mix 1# of sausage with 2 8-ounce packages of cream cheese and heat in microwave till slightly soft and gooey.
    3. Stuff the peppers with this mixture.
    4. Wrap the peppers with turkey bacon (it cooks faster than regular bacon).

This is a modification of a recipe I got from 4-Low.

8. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages

I can eat a boatload. Its the next morning when the rooster crows past sunrise. :crazy:

9. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Sounds goood. wish I had a dozen now out of my smoker.
    pete

10. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    I love em but don't eat em cause they don't love me back:eek:oooh::smile2:

11. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i cant get enough poppers. wal mart has a new snapps brand. there diced jalapenos and chedder or cream. they was $1 for 8 in a box. and they have mushroom bites. diced mushrooms and cheese and motzerella sticks. now there 4 for $5. still very reasonable. but not real spicy. for those that like em mild try these. SNAPPS. there in the frozen quick snacks.

of course im out of the pepper ones,lol. this is what the box looks like in pic. same colors ect....

i love them grilled like that too. and come dove season i like to take a strip of jalapeno and place in on either side of breast bone (making an incision) and wrap in bacom. then when almost done add a thin coat of BBQ sauce.:big_smile:

and its been a while. but i had a recipe for fish poppers.:crazy: yep. same deal. 1/2 jalapeno. de seeded. fill with cream cheese. freeze them. slice catfish fillets into thin strips. wrap around the frozen poppers and dip in a wet batter and drop in hot grease. the frozen cheese and pepper allows fish to be thourghly cooked before cheese melts out. pretty good. lil different but i liked them.

notice the post time,lol. ,2:23 lmao.

12. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Jerm,

what did I tell you about eatin poppers and getting crumbs all over your new fishy blanket?? :smile2:

13. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I know the feeling brother, I love to eat em but I can make no plans for the next day...lol :eek:oooh:

14. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    OH BOY!. thats the kitchen tablecloth!. and i had nothing to do with it.:eek:oooh: