Grilled Beef Liver

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by Netmanjack, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I never heard of it before, but I'm glad I tried it, man is it good. If you like liver then you wont go wrong. A little salt, lemon pepper and some home made sweet barbecue sauce. I'm going to try smoking some next.:wink:

2. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Bacon and onions in the formula adds a kick for me. :wink:

3. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Just wait till ya try chicken livers Netman!!!

:big_smile:

4. river_runner_85

river_runner_85 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Missouri
    i will have to try that sometime. sounds good. i have always been a big fan of liver and onions. everytime that gets fixed i can never get enough.

5. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    No, Jack, no...that's just so wrong....*gag*

Seriously, for anyone watching their cholesterol numbers, organs are bad juju. Used to eat every venison heart I could get my hands on, but now I pass.:sad2:

6. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Used to love L iver & Onions ,till I wound up in the hospital for 4 days from food posioning.Now I can't even stand the smell of liver of any sort being cooked.So think I'll pass on this one.

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Man,I love fried livers,I do my chicken giblets up in a foil pouch with a dry bbq rub sprinkled over them when I make beer butt chicken . I will be trying that ,Tom.

Dave you Know the right way to do anything ya love like that is with MODERATION:wink:

8. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You betcha Bait. How about chicken liver shish ka bob with bacon and sweet onions and roasted red peppers!:wink:

9. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    That sounds good to me, I like liver but have only had it over the years the traditional way of fried with butter and onions. Hmmm chiken liver kabobs, you got me thinkin.....:wink:

10. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    That does sound good Jack.....I like livers anyway you can fixem. Reminds me one time I was fishing for channelcats with some chicken livers and the fish weren't biting so ....since we had a little fire going anyway......I cut open an empty can and cooked them livers right there on the bank and ate everyone of them about half raw. Boy them was good too!!!!! I think the beer residue left in the can probably helped flavor them a bit!!!!:smile2:

11. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Livers be good, Yum! Gotta have the hot sauce tho!