Griggs Reservoir Report (Columbus) 8/23

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Garrett Cope, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    Well the slow summer bite at Griggs is finally showing signs of picking up just a little. Fished there last night for about 3 hours and had a handful of runs (WHOOPEE!). One run was on a live gill and had another on a cut gill head but i missed 'em both (what else is new right?). I finally landed a decent 26 1/2 incher that weighed in at 7 lbs on a chunk of ROTTEN SIRLOIN (desperate times call for desperate measures). As you can see by the pic below, the fish had numerous growths (kinda similar to Netman Jack's) on one side of it's head/body. I looked it up and i guess the correct term for it is "Gravelitis Banktitis". I also included pics of the kid's two channels he caught in the same spot a few nights earlier (he twisted my arm). Hope the bite continues to improve. It's been a rough summer!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
  2. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Nice Report Garrett! Congrats on gettin out and catching a nice channel!

3. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hooray! The skunk streak is finally over, huh? 'bout time.... :smile2:

Lie\ke I should talk - I've gotten nothing but that one flathead - haven't had a bite since.

4. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    No doubt Jerry I broke mine this weekend and so did Garrett and Garry (retiredtofish) must be in the Geeeees LOL

Great catches Garrett

5. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I know how to fix that Garrett. You got to take a skin graft from the tail area...........lol :smile2::smile2::smile2:

6. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    Nice catch Garrett. I'm confused, I know it's August so why does it look like your dressed for Winter? What's with the gloves:roll_eyes:

7. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    Phil,
    I usually only wear the hooded jacket on cooler nights when i take the 9 year old with me to remind him to wear his because HE ALWAYS FORGETS TO TAKE IT and complains most of the night that he's cold and wants to go home..lol. The gloves just keep the fish slime off my camera lens because i usually have to set the camera up so the kid can take a pic. Just a few of the strange rituals involved when fishing with a hyperactive 9 year old. :tounge_out:

Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
  8. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Very nice report Garrett. Congrats on a good fishing trip.