Griggs Report. Rainy wednesday

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Catmaster9786, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Catmaster9786

Catmaster9786 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Went to griggs early wednesday morning with a buddy of mine. Started fishing at about 6am. The lake had risen about a foot and we started fishing in a place where i catch them pretty good up there and it didnt fail again. We caught 10 channel cats in 4 hours(in the pouring down rain)with one of them being about 9 pounds on my scale. I put a chunk of shad about the size of my hand on one of my rods and had a fish taking out my clicker at a nice constant rate. After letting him take out line for about 15 seconds i engaged that reel and set and there was nothing there. My budy also hooked another nice cat but it drug him into a brush pile and we lost it. I hope we catch a flathead up there sooner or later. I never get any hits when i use livebait but i hope i do soon.

2. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    CONGRATULATIONS THAT IS A GOOD DAY OF FISHING. I'VE HAD NUMEROUS SOFT BITES LATELY ON BIG BAITS THAT HAVE YIELDED FEW FISH. THE ONES I HAVE CAUGHT HAVE BEEN SMALL CHANNELS EATING BAIT ALMOST AS BIG AS THEM.

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrats on the trip and good luck in the future

4. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Ive been running into the same problem this last week. Early i was using big bait and catching nice fish. It seems here lately the bait stealers are picking up my bait and trying to run with it. Last night i caught a channel around 4 pounds on a 6in. warmouth. Explain that. lol

5. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    And if it's not the bait stealers it's the bait EATERS (MUSKIES!).