grifton this weekend

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by CatSlayer715, Sep 28, 2009.

1. CatSlayer715

CatSlayer715 New Member

State:
    gville NC
    A buddy of mine told me about a boat ramp off a road that u turn down off hw 11 (I know where it is) that he put in at and caught some nice cats. I think it might be contenea creek maybe. Me and catfishwillie are hitn it up friday night. Well me and him have been getn skunked lately and frankly we r getn tired of it. Does anyone got any experience or tips to tell me to get on some hogs out there? How shallow is it? Best place to go? Flats or blues? I'm pretty sure its prob flats but I don't know. HELP PLEASE! I'm tired of getn skunked!!!

2. karaep

karaep Member

State:
    Greenville, NC
    Hi David,

Yes, it's Contenea Creek in Grifton. I stopped by the ramp on Saturday and the water level is very low. Be sure you don't back off the end. I usually only fish there during shad season when the water is a lot higher. My suggestion would be to head down the creek and fish the bends at Tick Bite. You could also fish near the wastewater facility discharge a little farther down. Don't lock down your motor as your most likely going to hit something. Good luck.

3. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Never fished there David but good luck fishing.

4. CatSlayer715

CatSlayer715 New Member

State:
    gville NC
    Dont think im going to go there now. Catfishwillie found out he's got to be up really early in the morning. Anyone want to go on the neuse??

5. catfishwillee

catfishwillee Member

State:
    Knoxville, TN
    sorry david. :sad2: wish i could go.

6. CATFISHGARY1

CATFISHGARY1 New Member

State:
    Coats,North Carolina
    same hear man, got the kids all wakend while the wife gone

7. CatSlayer715

CatSlayer715 New Member

State:
    gville NC
    yea yea yea..... lol, just kidd'n.. i guess when youre a pro bmx rider, duty calls every now and then, huh? lol, have fun and dont break your darn neck!! Its hard to find good fishing partners around here!!

8. CatSlayer715

CatSlayer715 New Member

State:
    gville NC

thanks gary. We need to hit it up sometime though. catch some more hogs like the one on your shoulder in your avatar!

9. CATFISHGARY1

CATFISHGARY1 New Member

State:
    Coats,North Carolina
    well they say the sun dont shine on same dogs but everyday and im living proof i can get lucky

10. catfishwillee

catfishwillee Member

State:
    Knoxville, TN
    Lol yea i guess so.

its hard to find fishermen in general that like to catfish. I love it!:big_smile: