Grieving Families and Students Need Your Prayers Please

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by punkin570, Nov 21, 2008.

1. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    Brothers and Sisters, I am coming to you with a heavy heart right this moment. We have had an extremely harsh week this week. I really don't know where to start on all of it so I will give you the most important part. This week our community/school lost 2 highschool boys in a vehicle accident and another was injured badly. These boys have been to our house several times because they are close friends with my kids. I am attaching a links to the local newspaper for you to see for yourselves as to the tragedy of what has happened. What the papers havent said so far is that there was a school bus involved that was carrying highschool kids from the Vo-Tech center back to the highschool. My daughter (Cheyenne aka MSFishngrl) had been enjoying the day with her friends celebrating her 16th birthday. She was on that bus and was witness to a good bit of it all. Some of the boys that were on the bus jumped out the back door and rushed to the car to pull one of the boys free from the wreckage while another student called 911. The boys in the car were headed to Vo-Tech where they would have been in the same class as my son (Cody aka dixiebassboy). He drives his own vehicle to leave from there to go to work at his part time job. He goes a different route than this bus therefore he didn't know about the wreck until hours afterward.
    A friend of mine that I work with whose daughter is best friends with Chey came to me at work that Wednesday to let me know that Cheyenne was all tore up and upset. I cannot explain the terror and shock when someone comes to you and tells you, "Cody and Chey are fine, but, there has been a wreck." My heart nearly jumped out of my chest. I left work early to go take care of my kids, what parent wouldn't? By the time I got to the school, there were kids upset and crying everywhere and traffic backed up and parents everywhere. Worst tragedy to hit the campus since the 9-11 attacks. A few of the parents of these boys, we know personally and are close to, some we dont know at all but will soon meet. Cody has been asked to be a pallbearer for the first time in his young life. It breaks my heart it has to be for a close friend at this young age. We will be going to visitations tonite for the two that did not make it, and funerals Saturday, and the one that survived the accident will be released from the hospital today with gashes, scrapes and stitches everywhere, bless his heart. I cannot come close to imagining what these families are going thru right now. And, for this all to happen right at the holidays just compounds the sadness.
    What I mainly want to ask is that, while you are sitting around the table at Thanksgiving asking the blessing or while you are about to celebrate your Christmas festivities, you take a moment to say a special prayer for these familes and friends who will be spending their first holidays without these boys.
    I am just at a loss of how to express the sadness that I feel at this moment. I don't believe I can possibly cry another tear but, Im sure, tonite will be a different story. Thank you all ahead of time for your thoughts & prayers. I may not be back on for a few days so any replies may not get an immediate response. Just in case it takes a while, I hope you all have a Happy and safe Thanksgiving. Hug your children and nieces and nephews and grandchildren. Tell them how much you love them and how much they mean to you. We never know how long we will have these angels in our lives to brighten our days, and thank God for sending them to us. I know I will be doing that with mine.
    ...... Leslie

http://www.dailycorinthian.com/news.htm
    http://www.dailycorinthian.com/KHSwreck1121.htm
    http://www.dailycorinthian.com/obits.htm

2. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    thats awfull my prayers to the familys

3. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Prayers sent from Arkansas

4. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Prayers sent Les.

May God bless all those involved even in the slightest amount.

5. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Our prayers go out to the familes and to you two kids to lift up and make them strong may God bless each one of you.

6. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    That is just plain awful news.Thoughts and Prayers go out to the parents and families of all involved.Good to hear your children are ok and wasn't involved in it physically. We never know why these things happen but seems like this time of year an awful lot of it does.
    Bless you for asking for these heart broken families.

7. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    prayers from Dayton ohio God will grant all of you peace that passes all understanding rick

8. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Sis prayers from this way.. Thanks for letting us know.
    Pete

9. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Leslie I am Very Sorry to hear about the Deaths of the two young men from your childrens school.Prayers on the way from Iowa for All involved and may God help them in there time of need. J.D.

10. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I'm so sorry.... I too will say my prayers for all of you . As a teen I've had to deal with the same situation . Its something that you will never forget . I hope your hearts heal soon . As hard as it may be , just remember when they are now , in peace...... with God.

God Bless you all.
    -Jim-

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Our Thoughts and Prayers for the family and friends.

12. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    I am so sorry to hear this! I have lost 4 students in 12 years, and I know how hard this is to take. My thoughts prayers and condolences to the students, friends, parents, teachers and the families--God Bless you all. it's a very hard thing to cope with for all involved. The kids just go to pieces when these things happen, and I especially pray for the guidance from the adults for them to grieve and get through this.

13. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Prayers for each of those family's,Les . As well as to you and yours. Tradgety in small tows is devistating to say the least.

14. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    prayers sent from my family .

15. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Prayers sent, there was a similar accident near me last week. A young lady lost her life and a Judges son is in jail, no bail. Street racing was the culprit. All high school kids.

16. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    prayers go out to all touched by this tragedy.

17. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Prayers sent from So. In.

18. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Leslie,
    That is just a heart wrenching reality to grasp. My thoughts, prayers are sent, espeically to Cody and Cheyanne. Take care and GOD bless you all.

19. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Prayers sent for from BEEbe

20. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Man that is terrible. Prayers coming to all from Texas.