Grief Stricken night.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by pk_powell, Sep 21, 2006.

1. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    You are all very near and dear to me so I wanted to post this. To some of ya it may be silly but I guess to each their own on that one. Almost 2 years ago A little puppy came into my life. His mama decided to birth him in my lap. He was such a cutie and he became my pride and joy of the dog world. Tonight I had to make an extremely painful decision of getting rid of him.My husband refuses to tell me what he did because he says I'm not on a need to know basis,I will only grieve harder. A man came to my door stateing his friend was bitten by my dog. He didn't draw blood but ripped a hole in his sock.I have no idea why it happened,all I know is unfortuantly it is the 2nd time. I realize due to legalities I can not have an animal that bites.I loved him so much. He was my doggie sweetheart. I have been crying my eyes out and I imagine I have more to cry.My daughters were same as emotionally ripped in half as they too witnessed his birth. Some person or persons dropped a stray off in our yard. He seems like a friendly little cuss so for my girls I said bring him in and give him a flea bath and first of the month we will take him in for vet check.I know already he will need shots. I will miss my Thaddeus Paul very very much. He will run thru the recesses of my mind and my heart will ache. I know some people are not attached to dogs but I have been all my life and giving one up is a stab in the heart for me. Just wanted to share my grief and pain with you all. I may be on tomorrow and I may not be it will depend on if I can type without crying. My oldest daughter has been answering PM's for me because of the flow of tears. God Bless all of you, and if anyone has a beloved pet,please for me reach down and love him for me. Treasure the kisses and how excited they are to see you.Store up as many memories as you can with your dog or puppy soon they will be gone and all you will have left is memories. Just wanted you all to know.----------Pat Powell:cry: :cry: :cry:

2. just cats

just cats New Member

State:
    Leslie Missouri
    So sorry for your loss PK. I know how well those pooches can work their way into your heart and become part of your family. Not much a person can say to ease your pain except to tell you to hang in there and I'm sure all your friends on here and everywhere will be thinking of you and wishing you the best.

3. MR SANDMAN 800

MR SANDMAN 800 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Sorry about your situation and loss PK.

4. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Pat,
    I am deeply sorry for your loss. I am a dog lover too, and I can get myself upset, just thinking about yrs. down the road and decisions I will have to make, regarding my dogs, especially, Willie, we have been through alot to together. I will include all of you in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there Pat!

5. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    I Feel Your Pain. Right Before I Got Married My Dog Was Hit By A Car In Florida Why I Was Indiana. My Dog Sitter Didn't Even Want To Tell Me It Happened Because She Knew I Would Loose It. I Did. Needless To Say The Pictures Of My Rehersal Were Awful. And For Some Reason The Marriage Didn't Work. But Now I Have Greg. Hang In There Pk.

Nicole
    (gregs' Girlfriend)

6. Mid-MO fisherman

Mid-MO fisherman New Member

State:
    Jefferson City, Mo
    I can understand what you are going through. We were recently faced with a similarly difficult decision. Hang in there. Tommorrow will be a better day.

7. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Pat,
    My sympathies, but is there not something you can do about the situation? If you prove he is not rabid, then can't you keep him?

I have 4 dogs, 12 cats and a couple cats outside that I feed. Then there are Mom's 3 cats. Well I'm just an animal lover. They have lives, just as we do, and love living them.

Prayers and thoughts your way,
    Cheryl

8. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Absolutely no chance of him having rabies he had all the shots. But this is the 2nd time it happened.He was on a leash but my daughter just could not hold him back.He was part lab and part bordercollie.Apparently he got loose from her and thus we had the incident.My little girl was told they were going to shoot him.Of course that scared her to death and she came running to me.Now the dog is in the house(Apartment) and then a man comes to my door telling me his friend just got bit. He did not draw blood but according to my husband he had torn a hole in the man's sock. I am unable to explain why he would do this but my husband told me "I love him to,but we can't put up with this" I have weirdo's for neighbors much to my dislike and it is a small town.Dogs run loose all over and there are no animal codes. Someone dropped off a little male in our yard and I took him in solely due to the fact that it's raining and windy and I can't stand to see animals treated poorly. He is cute and friendly but at this time I am afraid to give my heart for fear of it getting stomped on.I loved this dog so much.He was born in my lap and he and I were buds.But these idiots for neighbors we just don't trust em and if they tell ya your dog is gonna get shot they just might do it. It is very difficult for me but if they had made good on their word I would have just totally lost it. Painful enough as it is already without someone doin somethin stupid. Thank you for your kind concern. I deeply appreciate it.Pat Powell:sad2:

9. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Pat,
    I am sooo very sorry! I have lost a pet and its torture on how attached you can become to them. Thet are like apart of you running around caring your heart. You're in my thoughts and prayers hun.

I wish you well.

********HUGS*******

10. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    WOW that sad!:sad2: My heart goes out to you!
    Bill

11. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Thoughts and prayers go out to you.My animals are also like family and I can't imagine it without them.One of my dogs 'Maggie' has bit a few people,thankfully they were all family or friends and they understood they were in her territory.She's not mean but protective and territorial.

12. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Pat,

There is a law against shooting animals. Report their threats to the Humane society and the police dept. Let them handle it.

I have 3 neighbor boys that are mischievious as most boys are their age, but if I ever see them shooting my dogs or cats with a pellet or bbgun, I will not hesitate to call the authorities on them. They have a dog, so I hope they know better. But since I saw their Father sitting on the deck one day with a pellet gun shooting birds and squirrels, I'm not so sure they know right from wrong.

Take care.
    Cheryl

13. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Pat you know I don't know if I would of givin into those JERKs that easy.My ? is if the guy that supposely got bit Why didn't he come to your house himself and talk to you all ,instead of sending his friend over. Something just doesn't sound right. Sounds like the dog didn't like the guy for some reason Maybe it was just trying to protect your daughter for reason unknown or had the guy done something to the dog in the past (that you all didn't know about. dogs don't forget.)Anyway my heart goes out for you and your family.GOD BLESS !!

14. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Pat, I am sorry to hear about your loss. it's a very unfortunate situation indeed. Prayers to you and your family.