Grenada Lake

Discussion in 'MISSISSIPPI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by FourEyes45, Mar 24, 2007.

1. FourEyes45

FourEyes45 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Hello Gang, Can any one tell us about Grenada Lake, thinking we might take a week or so and camp up there and try the fishing.
    Thanks
    Walter

2. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Never fished it much theres good crappie fishing in it There is also some fine camps on it Corp of engeneers My favrite is the State park on the spillway good catfishing from the bank If you can make it enjoy yourself:0a26:

3. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    Walter I lived 4 miles from Granada lake when I was a kid but I haven't fished the lake in 40 years but I do fish the spillway some times.There can be some good catfishing there and I have seen some large flats pulled from the river below the spillway.I have had large fish on the hook there but it looks like something always goes wrong from breaking rods,line,getting spooled,fish strighting hooks to me just messing up so I've never got to land a big one there.

4. Squaretail

Squaretail New Member

State:
    Robards, KY
    I used to live there- very nice spots down the spillway if their letting out water. Fished very little in the lake itself- always went down the river. Some very good camping and very good restaurants. Definetly go to Jake and Rips to eat. Fishing in the river (spillway) is pretty much dependant on water discharge. I don't have the phone number anymore- should be able to get it off of the corp website- that tells water conditions and lake levels. The local paper -Grenada Star, I think- has a website with fishing info. The local baitstores were Collins Baitshop and Lakeway Sporting goods. Hope this helps. PM me if ya need more.

PS Grenada is less than an hours drive from Arkabutla, Sardis and Enid reservoirs- all great spots and hopefully one of 'em will be putting out water for ya.

5. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    Scott I live at Oxford which means I have Sardis,Enid and Granada lakes almost in my yard but sence I've been in the BOC I don't fish them much,I fish the Miss river or in Ark.or Tenn. at a gathering.The Corp of Eng. have had the water leavels pulled down so low in Sardis,Enid and Granada for so many years that they don't have the fish in them they once had and when we fussed about it the C of E guys would tell us that those are not fishing lakes they are flood control lakes and I think of all the millions of use and sales tax dollars the gov. has made from guys buying stuff so they gould go fishing.It's hard to rase fish in a mud hole where there's no cover for the small fry to hide in but there ain't a thing we can do about it.

6. FourEyes45

FourEyes45 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Thanks for the Info. Gang. Hope you guys had a great weekend. I know we did oven in Dunnellon, Fl. meet some great people. Thanks again.
    Walter

7. Squaretail

Squaretail New Member

State:
    Robards, KY
    Sorry to hear that Jim. I grew up fishing those areas almost every weekend with my Dad. The Yalobusha was always good to us. It is a shame the powers that be seem to forget who THEY work for.

Do you ever fish the rock island in Sardis, Hurrican landing, Graham lake or the forks of the Tippah and Tallahatchie? Used to be my favorite places in the whole world. If I had to pick just one spot- it would be right across from the boat ramp at Arkabutla spillway- 20 years ago there was a downed tree there, that held some really nice whites. It is still my favorite spot to this day.

The Corp has done a lot for fishermen over the years, I hope one day they return to the way it should be.