Grenada lake jugging and ramp October?

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSISSIPPI TALK' started by G21448, Aug 14, 2008.

1. G21448

G21448 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    I plan a RV camping trip to Grenada Lake in October and would like to try my new set of noodels out on the catfish. Does anyone know the possibillities of noodle fishing in October and if so what depths? I plan on setting up on the North Abutment and need to know if the water level will be high enough to use this ramp and just beach my boat near the camper without launching the boat every day. I have no experience fishing the lake, only the spillway. Don't plan on spillway fishing since I bought new G3 for retirement fishing. All of my jugging experience comes from smaller lakes and farm ponds in the heat of summer. Any info will be appreciated.

2. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Sorry I can't help you, but welcome to the BOC!

3. jdoyle

jdoyle New Member

State:
    AR
    I have not fished Grenada, but have some experience fishing with noodles. We normally set our noodles at depths of 6-15 feet. I have all different lengths of lines. I try to set the hook near the bottom, otherwise gar really mess you up!

On another note: Grenada is well known for Monster Crappie! I have a friend that goes down there every spring and does very well. Crappie in the 2 lb range are common!

GOOD LUCK!

4. G21448

G21448 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Many thanks. I fish for redear and crappie at home several times a week and the brim are quite large. This lake has no cats in it and the owners do not allow jugs or trotlines. My favorite fish to catch are brim, cats and then crappie. I fished the spillway quite a bite at Grenada and did not catch enough to eat much less put any in freezer. My plans are to catch enough cats to stock the freezer. If I liked to eat gar, I would have to buy more freezers. Good info here, thanks, John

5. fish_head

fish_head New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Don't have any tips cause I have never been to Grenada. But I know some guys who said they have cought some big ones there.