Greers Ferry Lake

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by dmbutler47, May 12, 2006.

1. dmbutler47

dmbutler47 New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Anyone fish Greers Ferry? I will be up there for a couple of months, I grew up there, and as a kid (7-8 years ago) I set yo yos by my house and did real well, but now I want to get into some bigger fish. Anyone from the area?

2. BigDuck

BigDuck New Member

State:
    Trumann, Arkans
    We are planning on driving over to the lake next weekend to look for some property on or around the lake and I to would like to here about the fishing there. :big_smile:

3. caatstalker

caatstalker New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    that lake has arkinsaw record hybred (28#) i think it is deep and a cold lake the little red exits the dam , has the world record brown trout 40# 1 1/2 mile below the dam, nice river nice lake havent catfished it though. used to fish the little red regular nice trout . used to cacth 2-5 lb rainbow all the time , nice brook trout too , only river in ark. produces wild trout.

4. PACAF

PACAF New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Up until about two months ago I had a houseboat docked at Shiloh Marina out on N dock. Every year I went to the feed store in town and purchased bags of floating and sinking catfish food. I would feed the area around my houseboat all during the summer months. My wife has caught some real monsters right there at the dock. I know that one of the guys from the marina put out some qt jugs close to my dock and lost three of the jugs totally! I have also set out yoyos on the dock and around my houseboat and have had many of them broken off or the hook staightened out before I could get to them. Also have caught some real nice bream, crappie, and catfish around the tire reef coming into Shiloh.
    I fed the fish every year so that my grandkids would catch fish when they came down to the houseboat to visit. Tell ya the truth, word was out about my spot there and most everyone came to my slip to fish, especially the kids. LOL
    Shiloh is located in a large cove with a creek running into the back of it. Ideal spot for most any kind of fish.
    During colder months, under the big lights at the ends of the docks I have caught many walleye above twenty four inches.
    Sold my houseboat for health reasons and bought an RV, so I could still go fishing when I want. LOL

5. NIMROD

NIMROD New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I don't know much about it except the fish are there. I would bait a hole with sweet feed for cats. For crappie , build some condos or hire a guide who will let you carry a GPS.

6. dmbutler47

dmbutler47 New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    PACAF,
    That is close to where I am going to spend the summer. I will be in the Cove Creek area, Shiloh is just across the lake. I used to put out yo yos as a kid when the water was high, it was fun, I am ready to do it some more.

7. 1ucky 0xyg3n

1ucky 0xyg3n New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Has anyone fished for cats close to the dam?