Greenwood

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by JimmyJonny, Nov 29, 2007.

1. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc

Yesterday Patmansc and I headed up to Greenwood to give it a shot. Let me start out saying that I've never fish in a boat so this was a exciting trip for me.

We got out there somewhere around 9am , things were kinda slow for us for the most part. We set our drift and one time a pole bend over good but I was to slow making it to the rod holder. After that Pat helped me clear a better path to the holders because my spot was up front. Mid morning some time Pat drug up a small channel cat but the hits were far and few. Finally around noon a rod went down and I got my self a channel cat weighing 10.1 lbs.

We did a lot of drifting but we didn't have a lot of luck for the most part. We saw another boat out there pulling them in pretty good but we didn't have our drift perfect and I think that's the fine line between having a few fish and catching a lot of fish. Shortly before dark Pat pulled us up another cat between 2 and 3 lbs.

All in all I really had a great day. Pat was a great Captain, he showed me how to read the finder, run the trolling motor, I even learned a lot about drifting. All this was great experience for me and for this I am very thankful. I tell ya what, Pat is also learning by the minute and cuts no corners when it comes to his fishing. Don't get me wrong, he knows a lot now but he pays attention to the little things and makes all efforts..... and to me that's what's gonna make the difference.

I also got the chance to load up on perch, I've never seen one before so I'm going to try them in my local Cat holes. As far as bait goes we only had frozen cut bait, we decided that was the other factor causing the slow bites. They sure are in there and Pat's already fine tuning his technique so the cats better look out cause here comes Pat ; )

Here is the only pic I have and I know Pat has one also. Oh and this was the first time I have stuck my hands in a cats mouth also, LOL, everything was fine until when I was releasing him and he bit me, LOL. Now I want to see a 50 pounder clamp down on me, hehe.

Thanks for the trip buddy !!!
    -Jim-

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff114/jimmyjonny/100_1583.jpg

2. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    Great post Jim, thanks for the report. Glad to see you guys having a fun filled trip even with the bite being off. Nice cat in the pic too.

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Sounds like a good trip. A boat does make a difference doesn't it? Oh by the way, Uhh, you don't have to stick your hand in their mouth! LOL

4. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    For some strange reason I always wanted to know what it felt like, lol.

5. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    But "It hurts so good" though.:smile2:

6. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Glad ya had a good time! And yea it hurts so good ISYN!!:smile2:

7. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    good report Jimmy,glad ya got to hook up with Pat,he is good guy,hate the bite wasnt any better for ya than it was,i'm sure yall still had a good time:wink:

8. pog2

pog2 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Great post Jim, I bet before to long you might even buy yourself a boat:big_smile:

9. weathermantrey

weathermantrey New Member

State:
    central,sc
    That's a nice channel!!!