Greenwood SmackFest 11/5

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by CarolinaCatJack, Nov 4, 2008.

1. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    I'm headed out to Lake Greenwood tomorrow with pop pop and my "brotha by anotha motha" Robert (no, he's not a BOC brother yet, but I'm workin' on him). Pop pop and I will be after cats and Robert's after baitfish (otherwise known as crappie). I'll post tomorrow night and let everybody know what happens. Doug, you bringin' the camera? If anybody else "happens" to be in the neighborhood, come on by. We're putting in at Reeder's around 9am and we'll fish until about 1:30 'cause I gotta work tomorrow night.

We've gotta do something to get past all this election humdrum bull$***......

2. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    We are ready for a report! :smile2:

3. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Matt wants to post.:wink: I put him on a new PB Channel today.:big_smile: Matt, Enjoyed it my friend. Lots of fun:wink:

4. CarolinaCatJack

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    And a report you shall get....

I picked up pop pop around 8:30 this morning. We got the boat loaded and off we went, discussing the game plan on the way down. We decided we'd fish in the water, because there's fish in there (come on, you didn't think I'd give away ALL the info, did ya?!).

After we got the boat in the water (where the fish are), we took off and ended up drifting a couple of channels in the upper part of the lake using pop's favorite channel bait (SCRIMPS!!!). We fished for about three hours and boated 11 good channels, the biggest being a 10lber that is, for now, my personal best.

All in all, a good day. I think I'm gonna get with Bruce and Pat and the three of us should co-author a book. I'm gonna title it "Pop Pop: The Man, The Legacy. A Lifetime of Smackdowns." (Subtitled: Scrimps are friends, not food.....) We had a good time today. Most of the day was spent laughing and cutting up and talkin' junk about all who weren't there....:smile2: The rest of the time, pop pop spoke in tongues trying to grab rods and hollerin' "SMACKDOWN!!!!!!". I say we have another gathering......SOON!! I'm ready to fish again. Who's with me?

5. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Nice job there bro's! Puttin' the smakaroo on em'!

I would love to have a copy of that ther book ya talkin bout. I was wonderin tho, How you gonna write a book with a crayon? Won't it be really thick and all?
    Also,Please don't color the pictures in the book you send me, I am not real fond of chikin scratch orange on everything. :smile2::smile2::smile2:

6. CarolinaCatJack

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    I'll be sure to include coloring pages and pop-up pictures just for you, my simple-minded, Gamecock-loving friend......

7. Gaffney Catman

Gaffney Catman New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Im ready for another gathering:smile2::smile2::smile2: Maybe I could fish this one:wink:

8. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    I'm game!:big_smile: Why not? This time hamburgers. :big_smile: I had a great time last month. :big_smile:

9. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Pop Pop I got a letter today from matt's mom and I thought I would post it so you could read it as well since she mentioned you by name.

Dearest Jon and Pop Pop,

I wanted to say thanks for spending time with my son Matt. He is a very special boy and I appreciate anyone who has the patience and compassion to spend time with him. I am sure he asked to ride in the front seat, He always does! I think it all stems from riding the short bus for all those (27) years. I hope you had a good time answering the same questions over and over again, we try to ignore him most of the time.
    Pop Pop thanks for the fishing trip. He was so excited about going he wet his pants. Poor thing! I hope he didn't think the scrimps were to be dipped in the stinkbait and eaten like he did last year. His breath was so bad his imaginary friend smokey wouldn't even play with him. Please take him again soon as his Pa and I enjoy the silence when he is gone. Thanks again for playing with him. We are gratefull, he now has 3 friends. The other is a make believe one he calls smokey.

Bye now, Mama Carolinacatjack

Wasn't that the sweetest! I'm still crying.:0a4: :smile2::smile2::smile2:

10. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    :smile2::smile2:Now I know why he's that way!!:smile2::smile2: Poor Matt can't help him self!!!!!:smile2::smile2:

11. CarolinaCatJack

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

12. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Matt, You know we love ya Bro! I'll tell ya if anyone ever gets to spend some time with Matt, He's a great guy. Fun and full of laughs:wink: Matt lets do another get together Man!:wink: I'll grill hamburgers!:big_smile:

13. buster1395

buster1395 New Member

State:
    Abbeville, Sout
    Man that was hilarious!

Another gathering sounds good to me too. This time I'll bring my pontoon and a couple guys can jump on and fish with me if they wanted too.

14. CarolinaCatJack

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    I hope so.....I enjoyed myself WAY too much for it to be a one-time thing. Besides, Rambo needs to come on up. I wanna meet this joker. :wink: Size him up in person, ya know? Get Bruce to come, Wayne and his clan, and for god's sake, get the famous Patman down here. I'd love to get the chance to help pop pop southernize him a little more. Scott, you're fishing next time. No excuses. Chris, bring that big ol' toon of yours. Maybe I'll bring some more'a them baked beans I'm so dang good at making now....

Speaking of getting together, we all need to meet up in person anyway and talk about this big gathering in GA next year. From what I'm reading on the posts, the first campground is already full. We need to figure out if we're doing the campground thing or if we're gonna try to find a motel somewhere. That's something on my to-do list. Smoke Lucky Strikes and drink Mad Dog 20/20 with Tom Bodet in a Motel 6 somewhere....and then try to fish the next day.

15. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    I never met ya and I love ya! It's OK, I rode the short bus too! :eek:oooh:

Don't make this impromptu gathering to soon I have to plan my outings! I have a very limitted budget. I will do whatever for the Ga. thing EXCEPT banjo's in the boat!! :smile2:

16. CarolinaCatJack

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Now damn it.....Why y'all gotta steal my thunder? Hey! New song idea....Banjos of Thunder. Wonder how hard the rafting guys would paddle if they heard that one?

Look, if I have to come down there with the Mean Sierra and get you and your boat, I will. Anything to get you up here to hang with the rest of us. Ain't no need in anybody missing out on ANYTHING!!