greenwood sat night.

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by flatheadhunterx, Jun 28, 2009.

1. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    well I had enough of being without a boat so I borrowed a friends jon boat and hit the lake sat night for alittle time on the water. hit the water bout dark armed with nothing but 2 boxes of red worms. got launched and motored around a few minutes and since we didnt have a fish finder I figured I was wasting my time but it was good to be on the water anyway. we anchored on a point in about 8 ft of water and in 30 min had about 40 perch and about 10 bream in the live well so we started catfishing. ended the night with 4 flatties between 10 and 20 lbs and 1 channel almost 8 1/2. missed several other runs but couldnt get hooked on them. then around 1 o clock the bite slowed down with a run bout every 20 min for about an hr then I hooked a 4 ft gar and that explained why the bite quit so we called it a night around 2 a.m. nice night on the water. saw several nuts out acting like idiots but it didnt take long before the blue lights got them.

2. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Good report Ronald,glad ya got out on the water and got some good fish,we missed you at Wateree.How long before your boats up and running again?

3. Cutbait101

Cutbait101 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Love to see those blue lights.:smile2::smile2::wink: thanks for the report!

4. flatheadhunterx

State:
    South Carolina
    Marty not sure yet still undecided what I am gonna do yet May sell the boat and trailor and get something alil bit smaller. glad you all had such a good turnout.

5. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Way to go, Ronald! Those perch are a hoot to catch, ain't they? I've yet to catch a flattie on Greenwood, so you've given me something to shoot for. Did ya ketch'em on those little red wiggly worms :eek:oooh:

6. flatheadhunterx

State:
    South Carolina
    sure did Pat. might would have gotten more channels if I would have had some of your lucky shrimp.:big_smile:

7. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Glad to hear ya that you got some fish Ronald,,,nice job !!! I think you got Pat scratchin his head over them flats now, LOL.

-Jim-