Greenwood Report: 9/26/07

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Patmansc, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Got a late start this morning, didn't get on the water till almost noon :eek:oooh: 1st fish in the boat was a white perch, which immediately became bait. Then, while trolling, I thought that I got stuck on the bottom - rod was bent over and line coming out against the drag. So I back the boat up some and started reeling, but the rod stayed bent over & line going out. What fun! I thought that I had my 20# channel, but it turned out to be only 6#, 24" long. I'll tell you what, tho, he fought much harder than the 25# blue I caught on Lake Moultrie this spring! Mean & nasty, that's what he was, and he went back in the water after he posed for this picture. Maybe he was so mad cause I caught him on shrimp instead of real bait :tounge_out: Unfortunately, that was it for the rest of the day. Had a few hellatious hits in the late afternoon, on one a brim head, one on blueback herring, and the other on shrimp, but I missed'em :sad2: And saw a coupla goats on goat island (what they doin' on there anyway?). That's it until next week, as I"m going to Myrtle Beach this weekend for a lacrosse tournament.

Attached Files:

2. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Pat, That sounds like you enjoyed a great day on the water, I hate You only Got the 1, but at least they were biting.

Tell me how long ya been playing lacrosse:smile2::smile2::smile2:.

3. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Pat take a rod to the beach with you just got back from murrells inlet today and the fish are biting about everywhere down the coast.

4. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Doug, I started playing lacrosse last July at the ripe young age of 56, and as far as I know I'm the oldest active player in the state.

Ronald, I'd love to go fishing there, but I'll get in Friday nite, have 3 games on Saturday and at least on Sunday morning, then if we don't make the play-offs I gotta scoot back home to pick up my wife at the airport!

5. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Sound like fun Pat. I still gotta hit Greenwood but don't know when.

6. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    pat...don't beat yourself up about getting on the lake at noon cause lately it seems like they bite better later in the day (of course the last time i was out they did not want to bite at all)...glad you got onto some fish though and i know what you mean about them fightin hard...sometimes i think i got a new state record on and it turns out to be just an average fish that has a lot of giddy up...and by the way where do you buy them shrimp cause i can't get a dang fish to even sniff the one's i buy??