Greenwood Mini Report 9/30/07

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by pop pop, Sep 30, 2007.

1. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Well I took the wife out today for her first time drifting and she had a blast. After she had fun catching bait. We had about 2 1/2 hours left to drift. She ended up catching 4 channels:big_smile:. The biggest one was 7lbs. and had 2 more come off at the boat:eek:oooh:. One of the cats that came off was DD. We never saw it but it was digging hard and taking lots of dragg.I wish she could have landed it! She says she want to go again and I love It!

2. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Hooray for you & your wife, Doug - it's great to get out fishing together. It's even more fun when they catch fish, too! By the way: Is that a threadfin haning out the corner of your mouth in your Avatar :crazy:

3. Big Cat Hunter

Big Cat Hunter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thats great Doug. The best fishing partner I have is my wife. She loves fishing and camping. Nothing like sharing an experience like that with the one you care about the most!!!:wink: Congrats to you and your wife!!!!

4. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    :smile2::smile2::smile2:pat, I never thought of that.Guess I 'll have to get a pic of one of our Greenwood Trophy Channels, and loss the threadfin.:big_smile::big_smile:

5. Cat Lady

Cat Lady New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Glad to hear that your wife had a good time. Just like Randy said in his post, the more you take us fishing the more we love you.:big_smile:

6. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    I hear ya, another one hooked now.You aint gone have to beg her next time I bet.:big_smile:

7. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    way to go pop pop...let me tell you from my own expierence...i went with my wife to greenwood many times and had a lot of fun, laughs, and great memories...we usually stay busy catching fish and gettin bites and it tends to spoil them...then you carry them to monticello or hartwell where the action can be slow to nothing at times and that's a whole different ball game right there...my advice is to make sure you got plenty of those gossip mags, food (which includes some sort of chocolate), and a radio and that should get you a couple extra hours of fishing before they absoulty can't take the bordem anymore and your forced to go home.:big_smile::eek:oooh::big_smile:...by the way save some channels for me this weekend!!!!

8. Big Cat Hunter

Big Cat Hunter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Pop pop I would have to agree with foothills. Under the wrong conditions you can turn anyone against fishing. They are like kids, if you take them and show them a good time every now and then , they can get hooked on it. They will be eager to go back. I believe my wife loves to fish as much as anyone I know. It sounds like you showed her a good time. Just hang in there and you will have a fishing partner for life. It is good to know that my wife takes as much interest in fishing as I do. It makes every trip more and more memorable. Congratulations on introducing another woman in the outdoors. This is good for all!!!

9. Chalk

Chalk New Member

State:
    Union, South Carolina
    I agree when the fish are biting having your wife is really fun. My wife caught more fish than I did Sunday and she has bragged about it to everyone we see. She enjoys catching anything that bites but I can't get here to bait a hook or take a fish off yet.

10. Cat Lady

Cat Lady New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Give her some time, she will be baiting more hooks than you can put out. It might take her a little more time to take the fish off, but it will come. Before you know it she will cutting her own live bait.:big_smile:

11. tnfishman

tnfishman New Member

State:
    tennessee
    I started my wife out tournament bass fishing several years ago. She was a natural. Since then we started catfishing and now when we go not only does she usually beat me, I have to force her to leave the lake at a decent time.
    It builds great memories.