Greenwood and Monticello report 12-5-09

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by BigDaddy101, Dec 6, 2009.

1. BigDaddy101

BigDaddy101 New Member

State:
    SC
    Started at greenwood yesterday morning not even a bite. We left and went to monty at 10:30. Ended up having boat trouble. Wind was horrible. Monty looked like santee with the wind. One of our buddies was in his boat and ended up with 50-60 perch and a couple small cats. Will be back on the water soon.

2. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Thanks, Matt. Sorry that you had boat probs - that sux! Least you know somebody that can fix it for you :wink: Sometimes on Monty you just gotta anchor down; you can get some mighty big fish too if you anchor in the right spot(s).

3. BigDaddy101

BigDaddy101 New Member

State:
    SC
    First off we didn't even take our anchors. Planned on drifting, but our cranking battery went out. We BARELY made it back to the ramp. Wind was 20-25mph, so we were going to end up on the bank in a hurry. So we just got to get another battery and we'll be back on the water asap!

4. Cutbait101

Cutbait101 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    yeah i was about to make bigdaddy paddle:smile2::smile2::smile2: it was ugly:eek:oooh::eek:oooh:

5. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Atleast ya guys got to spend some time together. Ya'll get them next time for sure.:wink:

6. timmrodd

timmrodd New Member

State:
    SC
    I guess the wind blew my brains out while I was out there too, but I shoulda invited you guys over on the TOON......I had plenty of room:confused2::confused2::confused2: and needed help hauling in some perch. Not much on the kitty kat bite for us, only 3 small ones

7. Cutbait101

Cutbait101 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    actually it probably kept me out of the dog house,it was my anniversary of 22 years.so i took the little lady out to dinner instead of waiting till sunday.i really think she put the voodoo hex on my fishing trip:eek:oooh::crazy::eek:oooh:

8. SCcatfishing

SCcatfishing New Member

State:
    SC
    Hey mark yall want to go this sunday since it suppost to rain on sat..?? Give me a hollar..

9. Mrs. Sunbird

Mrs. Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run, SC.
    I didn't realize you guys knew we could do that. :smile2:

10. Cutbait101

Cutbait101 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i know about the hex's all too well:eek:oooh::crazy: i think i saw a little fat voodoo doll in her pocket book.:smile2::smile2::smile2: but i cant get rid of her,i just got her paid off:wink: lol

11. timmyjane

timmyjane New Member

State:
    SC
    the wind can be brutal on monticell. it has been in the 20 mph range all wee it seems like up there. A friend duck hunting sunk a jon boat b/c of the wind.

12. BigDaddy101

BigDaddy101 New Member

State:
    SC
    I'm not commenting on that one. That's one mean lil red-head!:big_smile: If she reads this i might not ever catch a fish again! lol:wink: