Greenwood: 7/16/08

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Patmansc, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Pop pop & I loaded ourselves & some lucky shrimp into his ancient relic of a fishing boat (I think that the 1st owner was a guy named Noah), and we scoured the lake in search of the recently elusive channel cat. In spite of ourselves, we managed to bring 21 to the boat, losing 5 more trying to get them to the boat. The kitties averaged about 4# or so, with the largest being about 8#. Most were post-spawn males with fat little bellies; 1 little 2-pounder had teeth marks from mid-body to his tail, suggesting that he had raised the ire of a larger male :crazy: As usual, the wind shifted through out the day, and at times it whipped up a few whitecaps. But all in all, another day in paradise :big_smile:

2. buster1395

buster1395 New Member

State:
    Abbeville, Sout
    I'll be camping on greenwood in a few weeks. Could you give me a few pointers on your locations and rigs?

3. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Great report Pat, thanks . You just be nice to Doug's boat, she has seen a lot of cats ; )

Glad yas had fun. Keep the posts coming.

-Jim-

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    sounds like some great fishing, congrats on the trip

5. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Like Pat said, We really scoured the lake yesterday from upper to lower lake. I just fished areas that should hold cats for this time of year. I fished the first half of the day in some good anchor spots and the second half in good drifting areas.
    Anchor rig is carolina rig 2oz egg sinker and 8/0 circle hook. Drift rig is standard Santee style rig.
    You can contact Capt. Chris Simpson of Fightin Da Blues Guide Service as he can teach ya some things and help ya out alot. He is listed in the guide section here on the BOC.:wink:
    Hope you have a great camping trip and good catches
    Pop Pop

6. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    :smile2: Jim we've named my old 1979 boat so many names its funny. This week it was the USS Relic:smile2:. Last trip it was the the USS Perch Spanker!:smile2: It's had so many names in the last 9 months we can't remember them all. :smile2::smile2: