Greenwood 12/9 - Murray 12/10

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by chrisblue, Dec 10, 2006.

1. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Me and foothills fished Greenwood for a little while saturday only caught 8 channels from 4 to 8lbs.Driftin with herring which was probably why the bite wouldnt as good, they seem to like gizzard shad better this time of year but they where hard to come by.Today me and the wife went to Murray and had a pretty good time.We stopped countin at 16 but I think we ended up with 18 to 20 kittys and every one of em was blues from 3 to 11lbs.Once again I think the bait we had was the cause of no big fish biteing.They are some healthy sumo football lookin blues in there, some of the healthiest fish I've seen.I also got to meet Tony and he knows the lake like the back of his hand.Me and Foothills saved a small channel off of a jug at Greenwood saturday, looked like he had been on there at least a week.Then while me and Tony where talkin out on the water at Murray a blue comes to the surface flopping around with a big trolling plug stuck in its face so we both motered over to it and rescued it.It's funny how that blue come up while there was two catfishing boats there because if it had of been any other boat he probably would have been ate, the same goes for the channel at Greenwood.Strange aint it?

2. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Chris, i'm gald to hear you and your wife had some good luck today ( i know you needed it). man that is some crazy stuff about saving another catfish from certain death. my hats off to you gentlemen for taking the time to free that catfish and hopefully you will be rewarded by the "fishing god's" for your efforts !!! were you using shad or herring at murray? did y'all drift or try anchoring?? thinking of going out monday afternoon...if i make it out, i'll be sure to post my catch ( or no catch)

3. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    We drifted, I was to lazy and didnt have the right bait for anchoring.We used those threadfins, I was puttin 6 to 10 on each hook and it still wouldnt a big enough chunk of bait to suit me.Good luck.

4. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    should have got your wife to pull that anchor rope.....ain't that why you took her along??? seriously...what's the "right bait" ??

5. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    I'm headin out to Greenwood today. Gonna try to net some shad and/or try for some white perch. Maybe have to resort to shrimp & hot dogs!!

6. tony

tony New Member

State:
    lake Murray sc
    sure is weird! we were at the right place at the right time to save that blue cat!! i guess it just goes like that sometimes! i caught over 60 blues the last three days! it needs to get colder! much colder!! but that isn't going to happen this week! warm weather again!

7. Beaufort

Beaufort Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Yeah it don't look to good for much of a winter this year.