Greenwood: 11/17/08

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Patmansc, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Pop Pop & I braved the 29 degree morning weather this morning to see if we could round up some of those wonderful little whisker-fish. In spite of the light early morning chill, it turned out to be a most beautiful day, and we were able to put 20 fish in the boat (2 were kept for dinner, and 18 were released). Once again, the wind made drifting quite a challenge, as it constantly shifted throughout the day. And, at times, we needed 2 drift socks to keep us from shooting across the whitecaps. Baits used were: Herring, leeches, and (of course) the Lucky Scrimps :smile2: There were virtually no other boats on the water today, and it seemed like we had the lake to ourselves (and the seagulls).

2. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Sounds like y'all had a pretty productive day. I know when I talked to pop pop today, he said that y'all had 13 in the boat as of right then. Great job brothers. Now when are we going fishin' again? :smile2:

3. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Very nice!
    Did you make it home with both drift socks?:wink:

Smackdown accomplished!

4. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Great job guys . I sure know it was cold out there . I ended up on Russell with the bait catcher last night .......

Today I ate Crappie and drank some brews with friends ....... I'll sleep good tonight ; )~

-Jim-

5. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
  6. buster1395

buster1395 New Member

State:
    Abbeville, Sout
    Good job guys, it figured they would bit better this time since I was out of town!:smile2: Maybe I'll get out there next weekend or Monty maybe. I just got back in from my 2 day 1600 mile trip and I am whooped.

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrats on a good day on the water

8. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    Congrats on the fish and braving the weather!!!

9. preacherfisherman

preacherfisherman Member

State:
    SC
    Name:
    Tommy
    good job!!! I might need to make a trip up to lake Greenwood, and fish with one of you guys.