Greenville area boys

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSISSIPPI TALK' started by missed mallards, Dec 8, 2005.

1. missed mallards

missed mallards New Member

State:
    Leland, MS
    Hoping to come home a little over the holidays and wanting to do a little fishin while i was there. if ya'll have any openings or want another fishing partner for a trip shot me a p.m. got a hole month off from school and am going to enjoy the he!! out of it. hopeing to shoot up so steel, sling some lead, and make me a little $$.

hadn't been on the website in a while but have read of some good'uns being pulled out so i figured i give it a try. seems as though some real nice one's have been caught this fall.

Coach you fished down there east of the school? Just curious.

thanks, Tom

2. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    i have not tom....... big fish kill out there when the hurricanes came thru..... lots of over 50 lb flats died......... lots!!!!!.... holler when u get home... maybe we can get a trip to the big river if the weather cooperates.....

3. missed mallards

State:
    Leland, MS
    good deal coach. Will do.

Seems thoughs hurricans destroyed a lot more than homes on the coast.

4. quackkillsduxs

quackkillsduxs New Member

State:
    madison mississippi
    i heard the duck hunting in the delta was great. I hunt in vicksburg, and the rivers at 10 and dropping what is it in greenvile?

5. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    12.6 and dropping.................... no ducks on the river here.......

6. missed mallards

State:
    Leland, MS
    not near the ducks now as 2 weeks ago? i don't know what happened. I know the river is to low to hunt north of G'ville and the fact the ducks just aren't in the area has screwed up a bunch of ppl. I was very dissapointed as to what i saw this afternoon or didn't see. no ducks on my place. went from holding 100 to 150 mallards to holding nothing. Good luck. go north of G'ville!

I've spent the weekend drinking cold natty's and getting growled at by my dog. no ducks meant no hunting for him. i'm going in the morning to chase a few woodies. chest deep water just ain't looking to good right now lol. I'll see what the deal is tomorrow hopefully.

7. quackkillsduxs

quackkillsduxs New Member

State:
    madison mississippi
    dang your lucky for chest deap water if you have anytime i know you said you were in college and out for christmas you outta ride over to mahana wma they got a good place out there its in off 465

8. missed mallards

State:
    Leland, MS
    quack, no ducks. been 2 weeks and haven't killed much. have found several big ducks but they aren't working. going in the morning and try it again. up till this point i've not shot a box of shells. dog hadn't been working right, I'm shooting like chit, and the birds aren't wanting to cooperate classic MS duck season. these 5 o'clock morning's are gettting to me. no sleep, no birds, and ran out of coffee. yea it's time to take it easy and go fishing. any open boat rides? I have no hooks, weights, or anything. talk about being prepared LOL. getting bad around here. need to take my happy butt back and study girls and chase books.

were are ya'll putting in around G'ville? just curious. we hunted lake ferguson the other day with no luck. saw birds but didnt' get there till about noon. was going to put in at warfield but didn't know if we could get back out.

well hope ya'll had a merry christmas and hope you have a happy new year.